173. Vanifinwe - Reunions in Arda

Vanifinwë x Fëanorians

5.2k words

Warnings:

Strong language,

Implied nudity,

A/N: I changed around in which the news was broken to her! But tada!

* * *

Exhaustion filled her as she sat atop the mare that the elves of her brothers had given her. Upon their arrival to Arda they had been greeted by them, telling them to come and meet with the Fëanorians. Hesitantly Nolofinwë had agreed, and Vanifinwë had jumped at the chance wanting to hear the explanation from her brothers on why they had done what they did.

Perhaps even part of her missed them as well... Yet that factor would be decided upon, depending on everything that they had to say for themselves. What they had done had been completely unforgivable, but she needed to know if they had held a shred of remorse for what they had done. Vanifinwë needed to know if her brothers were truly as heartless as they had led her to believe that they were.

The ride was completely silent as it appeared she was not the only lost in thought of what to say. Even as their settlement came into view, it only left them somberly quiet. Vanifinwë couldn't help but wonder how much time had passed in their crossing to know that they had already established housing. Actual housing...

Houses of stone erected in the elvish fashion, though the roads still dirt... A large building coming even nearer. Grand in size and as ornate as it could be, with few tents established surely for the craftsman that were still completing other things. Eru...

Quietly she looked to Nolofinwë, the two exchanging a solemn glance. A glance that they were both thinking the exact same thing about the time that had passed.

Vanifinwë shuddered as another cold wind ripped through the air, it was nothing compared to the Helcaraxe but nonetheless her clothes were still too light even for this "warmer" temperature.

As they came upon the dirt and grass courtyard, they were greeted by the sight of five of her brothers. A small fountain behind them, trickling out water, with shrubs surrounding it... Workers bustling about outside working on Eru knew what. Quietly Vanifinwë let her eyes scan over them, Makalaurë standing in the center clearly the one to greet and welcome them fully.

Tyelkormo and Curufinwë to her left of Makalaurë, and Minyarussa and Carnistir to her right... All dressed in thick tunics and heavy fur cloaks, that looked positively warm and inviting. She'd give anything for dry warm clothes, as it was cold enough her clothes had never dried since their arrival from the Helcaraxe. Even though they had been riding for some time now, the newly fashioned sun had been hidden behind clouds that were heavy and swelling with snow. Threatening to fall upon them any moment now.

"Uncle, truly it is good to see you." Makalaurë began as they began to dismount from their horses, turning her gaze to Nolofinwë who sighed beginning to nod at his nephew's greeting. The warmth in which he'd once have shown them was masked beneath a more stoic and hard exterior now, something they clearly anticipated.

"I want to be able to say the same, nephew. But I fear for the moment I do not share the sentiment until I have further explanation as to what all has happened." Nolofinwë spoke evenly, dampening his own growing anger that he felt at the gentleness in which Makalaurë spoke. Vanifinwë noted how none of her brothers seemed to have registered her presence yet, all too fixated nervously upon their Uncle.

"I sure as the Void would love an explanation as well." She spoke up with a fire in her voice, one that finally unleashed the heat of her hurt through her hroa and fea. Stepping to be next to Nolofinwë, her head held high despite the shivering that had begun to rip through her. Surprise rippled through her brothers as their gazes fell upon her form.