187. Feanorians - Elves Reacting to Your Period

Fëanor

When you start to menstruate and Fëanor finds out, the ellon is completely unsurprised. He spent copious amounts of time learning about the race of Men, including menstruating humans. This includes all the remedies and tips and tricks and you'll essentially be explained how to handle your own period. Even if you've been dealing with it personally for years and Fëanor has not.

He doesn't mean it as a "I'm right, you're wrong.", Fëanor is just genuinely trying to be helpful and his fascinated by the phenomenon. (Because elven women probably don't menstruate, or not in the same way we do.) So be prepared for any and all questions he may have about your personal experience. Though he will do this completely in private, he's got enough wits to not flat out embarrass you.

Even despite all his questions and suggestions about your period, Fëanor is actually helpful through the ordeal. He works on trying to make menstrual products better, as well as fine tuning any remedies he's learned from the other human women and noting what works for you and what doesn't. So by the end of your first few periods around him, he has an extremely comprehensive care list he runs off of to make sure your period runs smoothly.

Anticipate for any and all affectionate needs to be met no matter what it is. Sex? Cuddles? Kisses? You've got it. Though you two may butt heads pretty heavily when it comes to the mood swings, as sympathetic as he tries to be about it, sometimes he can't keep a hold of his own emotions either. But Fëanor still tries to be considerate, knowing that you can't help it.

Maedhros

When you first start menstruating and have an accident either bleeding through your clothes or onto the sheets, Maedhros grows extremely concerned and internally panics. You are bleeding from some place he's not known women to bleed from before. And with all the trauma he has, Maedhros is concerned if something transpired to you while he was sleeping.

You'll naturally have to explain that, no nothing traumatic happened to you and that yes this a common and natural occurrence for you. Maedhros is going to be very hesitant about taking your words at face value. In the event he's afraid something did happen and you are lying to him. Of course he doesn't show this outwardly, but that doesn't mean it isn't there.

Once Maedhros is comfortable with the fact that this is in fact normal and you are as okay as you can be, he relaxes considerably. Getting you the things you need should you need him to do it. Maedhros tries to be warmer during your menstrual cycle, trying to be more affectionate and patient and less disconnected from the world. Though there's not always a guarantee he will be, he still tries his best to meet your emotional needs.

Maglor

With Maglor when your menstruation happens, he's very patient and gentle in asking you if everything is alright. At your response about how you are menstruating, Maglor asks what it is you need for him to do to help you out. He will happily go pick up anything you need him too- pain medicine, salves, any products, food, new sheets or clothes. He's happy to help.

Maglor doesn't press you on a lot of questions, even though he doesn't full understand what your menstrual cycle is. Just accepting that you do this once a month (maybe more or less) and that it's apart of a normal life for you. If you do divulge any information about your cycle to him, Maglor just nods along listening diligently.

Maglor is extra affectionate and considerate of anything that you need from him. Whether it be time to cuddle in your shared chambers for several hours or you just need to be away from him. Maglor is happy to give it to you. Expect for him in your time cuddling, to get soft and sweet songs to help lull you into sleep or keep you nice and relaxed.