50. Maedhros being soft with you headcanons part 1

Part 1: Before his death

—————

- In the time before his death Maedhros really has a hard time trying to be soft and cuddly with you, but it doesn't mean that there aren't times he is.

- It takes Maedhros a few days to get into the proper head space, deciding to take off from work as pulling his guard down is a difficult task.

- He will use it wisely to be with you, starting off a little cold and quiet but as the first day goes on he loosens up.

- Maedhros will patiently listen to you speak to him, following every word. Responding as smoothly as he can, even if it's a subject that feels trivial.

- If you pay attention you'll notice his eyes are much softer and trained on your lips, ears on alert to listen, and his big body begins to relax at the sound of your lovely voice.

- Maedhros' love languages have changed drastically thanks to his time in Angband so he will start with smaller things first before delving in a little deeper.

- His main love language is acts of service, so he will do many things for you if you ask him. Or he will do it on a whim.

- He will spend the day with you, asking in an exclusively soft voice what you need help with and assisting in aiding that task or just walking with you if that's the service you require.

- Even if you don't ask Maedhros will find something to do for you, that will be exclusively in your presence because he loves you and this is the best way he shows it.

- He will steal numerous glances, watching you move, noting how lovely you are, admiring everything about you as he helps you.

- Even going as far as to gently brush his hand across your face for a moment, caressing his fingers against yours, placing a hand on the small of your back.

- All soft little ways of him telling you that he loves you as his way with words outside of work have become nonexistent.

- This will help build him up to touch, as after Angband he has to work his way too touch now.

- Once he's gotten to a point where he's comfortable he will gently hold your hand, thumb absentmindedly running over the back of your hand.

- As gentle as his grip is there is a firmness there as he doesn't want to let you go, almost as if someone will snatch you away from him.

- His cuddling is done in a similar manner

- You will have to initiate the cuddling, his favorite is when you're both in bed laying side by side facing each other.

- Your head laying on his bicep, with your soft legs entangled with his while his free hand gently traces and caresses your cheek and down your jawline lovingly.

- His fingers will lovingly wander every part of the soft expanse of your skin just taking you in as best as he can before he finally rests his arm around your waist, holding you with care but firmly.

- If you tell him you love him when he is feeling so soft like this, he say it in return in such an incredibly soft manner.

- Nestling close to you, finally feeling safe and comfortable for this short moment.

- They don't happen often but when they do Maedhros will do his best to be as soft and as loving as he can with you.