80. Cuddling Haldir Headcanons

- Haldir honestly starts out not big on cuddling so it takes some time to get him to warm up to it.

- It's not that he doesn't want to hold you close and doesn't enjoy it, it's just very intimate and vulnerable.

- The first few times you cuddle with him things are going to be a little awkward and stiff, and Haldir's face is going to look more stern than normal as he tries to adjust to it.

- It feels so good and at the same time he's embarrassed and nervous about someone walking in and his vulnerability being exposed to the world.

- But slowly he warms up to having you so intimately nestled against him, in fact he finds it a great way to soothe that need to keep you protected.

- These times are absolutely for private ONLY, in no way will he allow for such vulnerable intimacy where you two can be stumbled in upon.

- His favorite position to cuddle in is when you are on your side and he gets to be the big spoon.

- He just loves how your bodies fit close together, and how he can drape his arms over your form protectively and hold you snugly.

- Haldir will even have a faint and content smile on his face as he keeps you close to him, adoring the warmth of your body against his.

- His grip is like a vice once you both fall asleep like that, so you won't be rolling or tossing and turning anywhere at all.

- The moment he feels you trying to pull away for any reason at all he wakes up and patiently waits for you to come back to bed and in his hold.

- It's one of the only ways he likes to sleep with you after he has gotten used to cuddling with you, and honestly he is addicted to it.

- Eru forbid if anyone ever walks in on him snuggling with you, Haldir gets as stoic and distant as elvenly possible and refrains from cuddling again for a bit. Afterwards he always locks the doors so he doesn't risk anyone entering.

- It's not cuddling with you that's embarrassing, it's just being seen as so vulnerable that makes him uncomfortable.

- He can't resist for long without being all cuddled up to you especially at night, and even though he won't admit it Haldir loves to cuddle with you.