190. Being Best Friends with Maedhros

Pre-Angband

- Before Maedhros' time in Angband when it comes to him being your best friend, he's going to be far warmer and more sociable and easy to get along with.

- While Maedhros is used to the chaos of having so many siblings around his life, it's nice for him to be able to escape with you as his friend and things not be so loud.

- Usually you both are tagged along with by Fingon, and the three of you spend time doing various things;

- It could range from the three of you having an enjoyable ride out for the day to reading and chatting amongst each other or playing games like chess.

- Maedhros is very laid back and goes with the flow and also a good shoulder to lean on if you are in need of it.

- He's full of wisdom and advice after having so many siblings, so whatever problem you may have, he can certainly try to find a solution for you to be able to solve that problem.

- If none of the solutions he offers seem to help, Maedhros is happy to just listen to you vent and anything that you want or need to share with you.

- Because he trusts you, and if you are just as willing to listen, Maedhros will also be comfortable be sharing with you of what his woes may be.

- Granted it may take you to ask him what the matter is as he is used to just shouldering a lot of it by him.

Post Angband

- The dynamic of your friendship changes drastically once Fingon brings him back from Thangorodrim.

- It's nothing against any of you, but there is a huge guarded wall in deep distrust that hangs and sways over him repeatedly, so it takes a considerable amount of time for him to warm back up to you.

- He will be grateful in the long run for you sticking around with him as your friend and being there for him when Maedhros undoubtedly needed you.

- Maedhros will be far from the laid back and go with the flow ellon he was once before in Valinor, he's far darker and guarded and quiet. Not nearly as chatty as he had been before and completely unwilling to disclose the horrors he experienced in Angband.

- If you are willing to still be his best friend, Maedhros is content with that you want to just sit with him while he works, and you read alongside him.

- Being his best friend post Angband also might mean that you may end up helping him build back up in some confidence as he won't have much of that at first outside of destroying Morgoth.

- In return for all of your support, through his physical healing and the emotional support you provide, Maedhros is more than willing to do or be there for just about anything that you need.

- He will still provide you with the advice that you so need or coveted once before and listen to your complaints or concerns about anything that you need. Even if it's during a bad day, he will do what he can to make time for you.

- He will know if you are taking advantage of him, and if you've been friends since Valinor he will be less likely to be worried about such things.

- Maedhros will also try to do things for you to show you his gratitude for you sticking around when he's needed you.

- He doesn't know how to verbally thank you as this isn't a formal diplomat who has done him a favor- it's a good friend, his best friend. So instead Maedhros wants to make sure any needs or errands that you may need are taken care of.