15. Dating Lindir Headcanons

- Lindir is a very very proper, meek, and anxious ellon, so expect for everything that he does to be considerate and gentle

- Being Elrond's right hand he is a stickler for rules and propriety, so even though he is a gentle companion everything is done properly

- He waited a long amount of time before even properly asking to court you, and he kept his affections minimal until your relationship grew

- Starting things off with hand holding, and then progressing from there as he was not quick to dive in at all.

- Even pet names came at a later stage in your courtship, partially because he was too shy (and slightly embarrassed) you may not like the name he had for you.

- It started with something simple like my dear before he finally and confidently addressed you as meleth (my love)

- If there is anything you want to learn how to do, Lindir will absolutely teach it to you.

- You want to know the history on something or how to learn a specific language, he will sit down and take the time to teach you. No matter how long it takes for you to learn it.

- He is also a wonderful teacher, Lindir is very patient and not judgemental at all! So you won't have to worry if he will berate you or belittle you for messing something up.

- He will also teach you how to play any instruments he knows, that you would like or teach you any songs that he can sing.

- Lindir loves taking time alone with you on a veranda in Imladris, where there he will sing to you

- If you wanted him to sing to you for hours all you would have to do is ask and he absolutely would sing to you for as long as you wanted

- Lindir has warrior training, it's just enough to protect himself.

- Nor is it something he actively goes out and uses, I think with Glorfindel and the twins he's heard enough about battle for one life time.

- That is until you come into the picture, he may be meek and to himself but he has no issues taking the extra precautions for you.

- It's the one thing he really unable to teach you because he is not confident in that area,

- Instead he will ask either the twins or more likely Glorfindel to help teach you how to defend yourself if that's what you wanted.

- Though it seriously conflicts with henning nature, if you think Glorfindel is a hen Lindir is worse

- Lindir may be shy and modest but he does everything he can to always show you how much he loves you.

****

Headcanon contribution from