118. Feanor - I will always love you

young!Feanor x Vanyar!Reader

2.3k words

warnings:
angst,
breaking some canon,
hurt,
no comfort

* * *

Fëanor walked through the halls, today he was in no rush to see you as his day had gone far from planned. Now even the joy of seeing you had been cruelly robbed from him with the news his Atar had bestowed upon him.

He was to marry the Lady Nerdanel, a marriage of convenience so to speak and not one out of love. While perhaps at one point Fëanor would have agreed with such a proposal, that had all changed in the past few weeks. Your arrival from Taniquetil had been a blessing it seemed to Fëanor; that finally he had fallen in love and found his one.

You were positively perfect and so incredibly different from everything that Fëanor was. Fëanor did have a scholarly love for language and a passion for crafting, considerably more brash and masculine. Yet you were not, you were more gentle and refined. You seemed to undoubtedly share some curiosity in his interests and passions and you spent many hours asking him about his craft and thoughts on linguistics.

While Fëanor loved your curiosity, he loved it more getting the opportunity to share moments  where you shared in your passions and interests. He loved the way that you looked when you sat comfortably in a chair or settee with a book in hand, your tastes ranging in herbology to linguistics to architecture and more.

Your curiosity never ending and seemingly always growing, though that was to be expected being the grown child of a scholar. So far his favorite is when you shared with him your passion for the stars, he loved watching the way that you lit up as you spoke about Varda's creations. Even more so did he love that you'd bring him out to the gardens at odd hours in the night. You had been only dressed in your robe and night clothes, bringing him to stargaze with you.

Though the only sight that Fëanor couldn't get enough of was you, and Eru how you shared your first kiss together in that moment. How soft and delicate your face felt beneath his fingers as he caressed before brushing your hair away. The soft sound of your breath hitching as he drew his lips in to meet with yours... how sweet and warm they were despite how cool it had been outside.

You had looked positively ravishing and it was such a precious memory, one that Fëanor couldn't stop replaying in his mind over and over. Now he had to confess to you about his new engagement to Nerdanel to you, and rip away the hope that had been so cruelly stolen from him too. Who was he to deny his Atar? All he wanted was to make him happy... Even at the cost of his own.

Quietly he paused out in the hallway, peeking into the sitting room whose door was wide open. There you paced, a soft pink tinging your cheeks and you bit your bottom lip surely thinking about the kiss like he had been. It was all that had been on his mind and he knew it was on yours, you had just as eagerly urged him to continue in sharing such intimate affection.

With a deep exhale Fëanor finally entered the room, drawing you from your thoughts. A wide grin spread across your beautiful face at the sight of him and he could hear the way your heart began to pound in your chest with excitement. Yet his heart began to pound with dread, though he shoved the feelings to the side.

"Fëanor it is good to see you!" You greeted in your soft voice, it truly was music to his ears but he said nothing, shutting the door and when he was done Fëanor approached. Quickly you stood on your toes, hands reaching for his shoulders resting against the soft velvet tunic and yet Fëanor didn't deny what you were seeking. In an instant he leaned down to kiss you, lips passionately melding with yours far more than you had been prepared for.