134. Lindir - Unintentional Entrapment

You walked cautiously, a stack of books in your hands and skewing your views. You were solely relying on the fact that if any other elves saw you that they'd steer clear. Massive volumes of different Annals and Histories had been requested by Erestor as he was readying to check inventory and categorize the library to make it flow better. His request had been larger than either of you had anticipated, but nonetheless you were determined to make one trip.

You were too caught up in your thoughts to hear the ellon coming around the corner of the bookshelves. Thinking deeply about what it is you might need to do after dropping these off, what might help Erestor with the hefty task at hand. The other elf hurrying quickly when suddenly he collided with you clumsily making you gasp with surprise. The two of you immediately fell back and into a shorter stack of shelves so hard they began to wobble.

Your books crashed to the floor with loud thuds, and suddenly you felt yourselves beginning to fall further as the bookshelf began to careen into the floor. Both of you falling in a heap of robes and limbs, with a loud crash the bookshelf fell into another and all you could do was watch as a few more shelves fell.

"Oh my! Y/N! I-I apologize!" You heard from next to you, turning your head you were met with the sight of Lindir sitting on the floor against the shelf next to you. Cheeks deep crimson and his gray eyes wide and shocked, you couldn't help but begin to blush yourself in your own surprise.

"It is alright, mellon nin." You began in a gentle voice, sympathy and concern filling you to see him so frazzled. You adored Lindir and you hated it when he felt so stressed over accidents. He was such a kind and gentle soul,

"I-I didn't see you, I truly hadn't meant too. I didn't see you there." He began in a flustered and shaky voice, getting up and quickly from the floor. Just as he did so you didn't miss how the dark gray robes were pinned tightly beneath the bottom of the shelving. As he moved it didn't seem to pull them free either,

"Lindir your robes..." You pointed out in a soft voice as you sat up fully from your laid position against the shelf. Lindir snapped his head down to look at the shelves, frowning deeply with concern.

"Oh dear... Hopefully you are not." He breathed out blushing furiously, before he moved to you with his limited distance to help you stand. Lindir's hands shook as they held yours, casting his eyes down away from yours. It was as you stood that Lindir began to spy your robes too were trapped beneath the shelving,

"Oh my... Y/N I am afraid that you are trapped as well." He sighed out with worry filling with his voice as he began to put distance once more between the two of you. Just as he opened his mouth to begin to speak did Erestor come rounding the corner, sighing out in exasperation. A deep scowl on his face as he looked over the fallen shelves, it only seemed to grow as he turned his gaze to you and Lindir.

"When you said you were looking for Y/N, I thought it would be harmless Lindir." He grumbled looking between you both, deep blue eyes narrowing. Quickly you looked to Lindir with mild surprise but decided to hold your tongue to save him from further embarrassment. Lindir was so red and flustered already, you feared he may faint if you piled on anymore.

"You shall help me right these shelves and pick up the books, I care not how urgently Master Elrond needs you. You cannot just come in and destroy my library." Erestor griped pointedly, urging you both to move off to the side but neither of you did. Only looking between one another before back to the grumpy and upset Erestor.

"I am afraid, Erestor, that our robes are stuck beneath the case." You answered so Lindir wouldn't have too, meekly he clasped his hands together at his waist, staring down at the hardwood floor. Erestor scoffed at the revelation, rolling his eyes with great frustration and with distaste.