188. Dating Caranthir - Part 2

Part 2 - Shy and Sweet S/O

- When it comes to dating Caranthir, no matter how sweet and shy that you are, his mood and flares in temper are always going to be something that you're going to have to deal with.

- Caranthir already would put incredible effort into keeping his brooding emotions more controlled, but with you being so shy and sweet, he is more hyperaware of those swells and surges.

- Caranthir is fair and just, and will treat you with the courtesy and respect that you deserve, and while he may not be the best with his words, he will try and convey to you when he needs space.

- Not that he's upset with you or angry with you, it's just he doesn't want you to think he is taking his anger out on you and would rather cool down before any interactions.

- Though he won't turn you away if you offer to try and help tame the fire through the means of affections, just preferably in private and away from any outside stressors.

- You are the person that will annoy or anger him the least.

- Though that doesn't necessarily means that there won't be times that you two will fight or him getting really heated when you disagree on something. Even on more trivial things he is still likely to feel that frustration swell, fester and boil over.

- The first time you cry from one of these arguments or heated discussions, Caranthir feels awful. If there is anything he doesn't want to do is to be the cause for you crying.

- Even if that is inevitable, it doesn't make him feel any less guilty for it, and he does his best to soothe you while coming down from the precipice of his frustrations.

- I completely agree with ​ 's headcanon that you are the only person he will apologize too and is quick to offer physical affection to make you feel better if you let him.

- Be it he holds your hands or pulls you in for a snug embrace, Caranthir doesn't waste time to try and make you feel better for what he's done.

- Don't be fooled into thinking this type of pattern repeats itself either and nothing ever changes!

- Caranthir works very hard to make sure more trivial subjects don't get so heated and to take breaks from such hard but important topics.

- Aside from wanting to give you affections when you are upset, Caranthir loves to receive your affections too.

- He doesn't like to admit that he does, but he loves to give into your whims in private-

- You want him to lay on the bed with you and him be your big spoon? He may grumble a little but settles contently right behind you and pulls you in as snugly as he can.

- You just want to sit in his lap and gently caress his face and press soft kisses to his cheek? He'll turn beet red but won't deny you, wrapping his arms around your waist firmly enjoying every single second of it.

- While already protective, because of your shyer and sweeter nature, that drive to protect you is going to be greater by tenfold.

- While he would come to your defense at any time were this not your disposition, he's a lot more fierce about it - especially against naysayers and the ill wishes people may say about you because you are with him.

- He already has a no tolerance policy, but is far more aggressive about it, not really giving you the option to decide if you can defend yourself or not.

- Caranthir will barely tolerate even his own siblings picking on you, even if it's lighthearted.

- He's quick to feel immediate defense when a playful insult or jab is thrown in your direction from his brothers, face growing redder, ready to shut them down.

- If you are very clearly enjoying yourself with their banter and throwing things around against them too, he's quick to soothe himself. But that doesn't mean he isn't monitoring the conversation to make sure they don't take it too far.

- Caranthir is has quite the eye for detail especially when it comes to your behaviors and picking up on when you are uncomfortable but faking your amusement.

- So even if you play off the jabs and playful insults, he will know when to shut it down.

- The first time you came crying to him about what another had said about you- calling you awful names- Caranthir left just as quickly as you appeared to handle the situation.

- Eru forbid if you ever came to him with the distressing complaint that someone laid a hand on you or even attempted to put their hands on you. All bets are off at that point, as he will subdue them without care of what the damage may be to them.