103. Elrond - 'I love you'

Elrond x Reader

I changed things up to more noncanon where instead of sailing Celebrian passed away.

1.8k words

* * *

You paced quietly in Elrond's office, chewing gently on your finger, your shoes barely making a sound despite walking on hardwood floors. An arm wrapped around yourself for comfort, while the other rested comfortably so you could continue gnawing at your soft skin.

Today was the day that you were going to tell Elrond how it was you felt, you knew it was a silly thing to do. He had married once before to the illustrious Celebrian and you knew that you could not compare to the original Lady of Imladris. Yet your heart couldn't take holding onto such an intimate secret any longer. Especially while under the guise that you were his friend and nothing more.

Each day you spent with Elrond your love for him had only continued to grow, sending fluttering butterflies through your belly, leaving warmth to blossom on your cheeks softly, and your heart thudding with excitement to see him. You were head over heels for him! It was so foolish, but you supposed at this point you were indeed a fool.

Just thinking about that soft smile he gave you sent another fluttering through your stomach and you closed your eyes as if to try and block out the thought unable to control how it made you feel. You had gone over a hundred times how it was you wanted to tell him. Preferably alone of course, as you couldn't bear the thought of someone overhearing your confession and it not being reciprocated.

Eru that would be a nightmare...

The sound of his voice drew you from your worrying thoughts as you heard him perhaps speaking with either Lindir or the Lord Glorfindel. Papers were being shuffled and footsteps were hurried, approaching the door quicker than you were ready for making you sigh out. You only sped up in your pacing taking a few deep breaths before you heard the door handle jiggle and you stopped.

Facing the door, holding your breath as Elrond dismissed whomever it was he had been speaking with. As he entered, a look of expectation was on his face though a faint smile was pulling at his lips as his silver eyes locked with yours. You couldn't stop the smile that began to spread despite your nervousness taking a moment to look over the Master of Imladris.

"Y/N, it is not often that you grace me with your presence during a work day, is there something that I can help you with?" Elrond began in his warm and gentle voice before he began to walk towards the desk to set down his paperwork. Taking a shaky breath you began to nod, tucking some of your long hair behind your ears,

"Yes, there is. If you have a moment... I would like to discuss something with you, Elrond." You began turning to face Elrond who only gave another faint smile to you and was nodding at your words. In a gentle sweeping motion, he pointed to the settee that sat just before his desk, quietly you took your place on one side as you looked around the room.

His heavy oaken desk just before you, with a hearth to your right empty of fire as it was mid spring and the need for extra warmth was not needed. Behind his desk was a door frame, white curtains hanging on either side and beyond that a terrace that overlooked your home.

Golden rays of the morning sun were trickling in, giving the ellon you loved a beautiful golden halo. Making him more ethereal than you already thought he was.

"What seems to be troubling you?" Elrond inquired softly, you took a moment to think, your eyes on him looking over the dark yellow robes he wore. His hair draped down the front of his robes and a simple silver circlet sitting upon his dark brown hair.

"It is... A matter of the heart, I'm afraid." You began catching his attention as he moved gracefully across the floor to sit on the other side of the cream settee. Elrond faced you as he began to raise his brows at your words,