96. Celebrimbor Request Tumblr

Hello! Can you please do a young Valinor!Celebrimbor trying to court/flirt with his s/o without his overprotective and noisy father and uncles noticing? (Bonus: they completely notice, because he's not half as subtle as he thinks he is 😁)

I will add it right here for you <3

* * *

- Unlike his Atar, Celebrimbor is not as good with his words outside of work related matters so when it comes to trying to woo you to court you he's a bit at a loss.

- Though Celebrimbor is a very determined ellon, and is adamant that this is something that he does for himself and wants his family to have no part in this at all.

- Celebrimbor may not be good with his words, but he is incredibly observant, and will start by coming to you to try and get a feel for your reaction when you see him.

- Every time he sees you, though he won't admit it, he just feels the incredible urge to just be as soft with you as possible and its extremely noticeable.

- Celebrimbor hasn't exactly mastered the art of subtlety nor control over his expressions so not only are you aware of how it is he feels for you, so does the rest of his family

- Curufin, his wife and Celegorm are absolutely the first to know and Celebrimbor's amille insists that they say nothing knowing how her husband and brother in law can be.

- Celegorm of course doesn't heed her words, though Curufin does, and is quick to spy on his nephew wanting to see who you are and to pick up on cues on whether you like him back.

- Once satisfied from all the snooping, Celegorm is quick to report in secret to Curufin about what all it is he saw. Explaining rather smugly about how interested you seemed in Celebrimbor.

- Curufin is quickly overwhelmed and feeling extremely protective over his son, he and Celegorm both trying to find someway to meddle in the affairs on behalf of Celebrimbor to make sure that you won't toy with him.

- It is his wife that manages to break those thoughts, to keep from harassing you or driving you away from him and to keep them from involving the rest of his uncles.

- At that point heeding some of his wife's words goes out the proverbial window and Curufin absolutely begins to meddle in Celebrimbor's affairs, albeit subtly.

-For example he might make rather random compliments or suggestions if he knows Celebrimbor is around.

- "The gardens are a lovely place to take a walk aren't they my love? And the flowers are just as pleasing to see."

- Celebrimbor will just so happen to start bringing you flowers and taking you on long walks through the gardens, conveniently they're always empty.

- While Celebrimbor is oblivious, he isn't so oblivious that he doesn't suspect his family to have some part in it, but he's grateful that they're staying out of the way.

- When Celebrimbor decides to take things slowly before asking you to court him, this is where his uncle and his Atar get far more pushy about him doing so and meddling further in the affairs.

- The suggestions become heavier and less inconspicuous pressing on Celebrimbor's temper.

- It takes for Celebrimbor to snap at his Uncle and Atar to get them to finally leave him alone so he can confess his feelings for you.

- When he does Celebrimbor is most certainly grateful he got to do it on his own time, and wihtout the pressure of his family mounting on him.