108. Glorfindel - Stressed

Glorfindel x Reader

1k words

* * *

Glorfindel looked up from his papers as he heard the bedroom door open, a smile coming to his lips when he saw that it was you. Eru was he happy to see you, taking his time to admire how lovely you looked today, that was until he noticed how tense your shoulders were. The small frown that pulled at your lips and the way your brows were drawn together, all indicating that you had a stressful day.

Your robes for the Halls were all rumpled and stained, smelling strongly of antiseptic and a big wet spot over the stain. The antiseptic being the cause, Glorfindel could only begin to imagine the day that you had. Even your hair had become frizzy and disheveled, braids long having come undone and put hastily in a sloppy bun.

"Meleth nin are you alright?" He asked gently, setting his papers down on his desk, beginning to stand as you sighed out at his words. You turned to look at him with an expression of exasperation, noting how worry seemed to creep up on his face. Slowly you began to shrug unsure of how to answer his question, part of you wanted to answer Glorfindel.

You wanted to tell him that it had been another busy day loaded with paperwork, but Eru it had been far from such simplicity. There had been numerous stitches, fixing tonics and that you had even been thrown up on twice. That didn't include numerous other tasks you were expected to complete in the Healing Halls before your dismissal of your shift. Regardless if you had been extra busy with patients today.

While you were grateful that Imladris was able to provide care for those who needed it, it didn't make it any less exhausting when humans came in abundance. The other part of you was just too tired to answer him, even if those big blue eyes were pleading for you too.

"It has just been a very long day." You sighed out shaking your head as the blond approached, closing the distance between you both. His boots thudding softly against the hardwood floor. You took a moment to admire him, as always he was dressed beautifully in deep blue robes with gold embroidery and buttons. His blond hair was swept away from his face in braids that you had done for him the morning, the rest falling in soft and beautiful golden waves.

His big blue eyes doing their best to search for the answer of what stressed so badly, though he didn't press to know the details. There was a soft chuckle he let out before pausing before you, a hand coming to rest on your waist leaning forward to kiss your forehead lovingly.

"I can only imagine that it has been, meleth." He assured gently, pulling you into him for a hug not caring that the wet spot of antiseptic bled through onto his robes. All he wanted to do was comfort you, his strong arms wrapping snugly around your waist as he held you. Lovingly he kissed the top of your head again as he felt you relax in his hold, he knew that when humans came to make their visits it usually meant that you were going to be drowning in work.

A hand gently began to rub soft circles onto your back as you leaned your weight against him entirely. Glorfindel was certainly able to take it, and all he wanted to do was help relieve your stress; he knew you had been working hard and deserved nothing less.

"Take off those heavy robes and we will get settled down together until you feel relaxed." Glorfindel thoughtfully ordered out, with a heavy sigh you began to stand with a nod. Fingers beginning to undo the ties on your robes so you could be left in your modest under clothes, setting the heavy outfit on a chair. Glorfindel moved to the sofa that sat nearest to the bed in your shared spacious room, holding his arms out for you as you began to approach.

Once you came within his reach, Glorfindel carefully pulled you into him so you'd sit on his lap as he began to lean you both back to rest against the arm of the sofa. Arms encircling you snugly so your body lay against his chest, your head resting just on his clavicle taking the moment to breath him in deeply.

It was a warm and welcomed change as opposed to smelling blood, vomit and antiseptic. Your Glorfindel smelled of spiced vanilla and faintly of citrus, you sighed out heavily with relief as you laid limply against him. Letting the stresses of today slowly begin to roll off of your shoulders, pressing a soft kiss to Glorfindel's tunic covered chest.

"We can stay like this for as long as we need too meleth nin. I am all yours." He assured you gently, letting you know that there was no need to worry about rushing things. You smiled know that he spoke truthfully,

"Can we just stay like this forever?" You asked him with a small laugh, a chuckle rumbling through the ellons chest at your request. You nestled further into his hold, imagining the bright and warm smile that you knew he would be wearing. Savoring this moment of peace with him,

"I cannot make promises, but I shall do my best to allow for forever." He snickered out to you, giving you a gentle squeeze. You hummed as he lifted his head to press a soft kiss against the top of your head,

"Even if this moment doesn't last forever, you will always me forever meleth nin... Rest assured I will always do my best to help relieve you of these stresses." He whispered gently to you, making your heart swell with love at his words,

"Thank you Glorfindel... I love you, forever." You hummed out sprawling out against his chest, listening to the sound of his heart beating in his chest, fingers twirling the loose golden strands that rested against his hard chest.

"You are more than welcome, meleth. I love you too and will always forever as well." Glorfindel whispered back to you warmly, pressing another kiss to the top of your head once more. It was hard to feel overwhelmed and stressed when Glorfindel showered you with affection and spoke such sweet words to you.

Everything was exactly where you needed it to be, and you couldn't have asked for a lovelier partner than Glorfindel to share these moments with.