123. Rog training you to be a blacksmith

- When you approach Rog telling him that you would like to learn to become a blacksmith, he is completely overjoyed and eager to teach you in the art of smithing.

- But before you get any time in the forges at all, Rog- while rarely serious- seriously discusses with you the safety measures that you will need to take along with a warning of what to expect.

- He'll explain that your hair being up and out of your face is imperative, that heavy aprons and gloves are there to help you stay safe from burns, and for you to be extremely mindful not to rush your work.

- Rog will go on to explain that you will get burned at some point, warning you of sparks, how deceivingly cool metal will look, and that you will sweat profusely and be incredibly exhausted while training.

- Rog will start you off as his apprentice wanting to oversee your training entirely as opposed to someone else doing it.

- He will show you how the forges are heated up to start the work for the day, the process of melting metals, cooling them down, and shaping them.

- Once he is confident and comfortable that you have an idea of what you are doing, Rog will begin giving you tasks that help him start smithing.

- Allowing you to heat up the coals, helping him pour molds, and helping him shape the metal as he goes along.

- Rog is incredibly patient with you, so don't fret if you are unsure about what you are doing, Rog will patiently guide you through the whole thing until you are able to do it by yourself.

- Rog also only laughs off any mistakes that you have made, assuring you that even he has had to made plenty and numerous mistakes when starting out.

- He often praises you, so you gain confidence in what you are doing, and he does it with grand joy to see you becoming good and confident in your new job.

- Rog will make you break often as you start out, especially if you are human knowing that as a new apprentice over exhausting you too soon can result in physical disaster for yourself.

- When you get burned, as its inevitable, Rog reacts quickly.

- He drops everything he's doing, commanding someone to take over what he is doing and for someone else to fetch a healer quickly as he brings you to one of the fountains to run your burn under.

- Rog soothingly stands close behind you, softly rubbing your back while you cry or grimace, assuring you that it will be okay and sympathizing fully with the pain you are in.

- After you've been seen by a healer, Rog assures you there is no rush to try and jump back into the forges if you don't want too if its especially painful.

- If you're hurt bad enough that a healer advises you to stay out of the forges, Rog will make sure the instructions are followed to a tee.

- If not and you're ready to go back to work, Rog will work by you closely making sure that you are okay and completely safe.