185. Gwindor Proposing To You

- Considering Gwindor's past relationships, when Gwindor is ready to propose there is going to be some hesitation even despite all that optimism.

- It's not that he doesn't want to propose to you at all, if he didn't, he wouldn't even consider it. Let alone carry on a courtship with you.

- His biggest fret and concern is the rejection that may come with the proposal, be it during the proposal or during the engagement period.

- Finduilas did break off their engagement, and he worries consciously and subconsciously that maybe this too won't work out again.

- Gwindor doesn't look at you like you are Finduilas, he mostly worries that it's him that's the problem.

- Nevertheless, Gwindor grasps hold on to his optimism, especially when he is with you seeing the way you look at him. It gives him such confidence about his decision and the relationship you two share.

- So in secret- naturally he goes through with having the engagement ring made for you.

- Gwindor isn't an extravagant ellon, so your ring will be really simple yet elegant and beautiful.

- Of course, he wants the proposal to be done privately, so if you have family available, he quietly pulls them aside to ask for your hand in marriage- as is traditionally done.

- When they offer to hold a feast so the announcement can be done publicly, Gwindor declines rather quickly. Not wanting it to be such an open affair, he wants the intimacy of the moment to be between you both.

- Gwindor doesn't wait long after asking for the approval of your family, pulling you aside for a walk after dinner is finished. Telling you that he wants to spend some time alone with you.

- He finds a lovely spot in Nargothrond where it is secluded and just the two of you, before a fountain in an empty courtyard.

- Gwindor sits close to you, resting his head against yours as he sits close to you, pulling out the small lacquered box out of his pocket to give to you.

- He tells you how much he loves you, and that without a doubt he wanted to spend the rest of eternity with you and with no one else. Quietly biting back the jitters and nerves- the insecurity, that tell him you're going to reject him.

- When you accept his proposal, Gwindor is certainly sure his heart may burst with unbridled joy! Gwindor brings a hand to your face to hold as he leans in to kiss you softly.

- Afterwards, Gwindor is happy to let you pull him about to announce your engagement to whoever will listen!