196. Play Fighting with the Elves

Turgon

When it comes to play fighting Turgon, the King of Gondolin honestly isn't going to be all for it, if at all. If anything, Turgon is going to be completely off guard and flustered if you try and initiate any play fighting. Especially if you try to do so while not in a private setting.

Turgon will sit in his chair with you next to him as you poke at him, trying to ignore it and growing increasingly flustered by your need to well.. he is not quite sure what you are doing. When you get back to your private chambers together, Turgon will ask what it was you were doing. Telling him you were trying to play fight with him will only prompt him to blush again and stare at you.

"My dear, I quite frankly don't think that is proper for a King." Up keeping his formalities and duties as always, regardless of the deep relationship you two would share to be able to play fight with him. Instead, he learns to grow amused at your every attempt to rile him up, eventually simpling chuckling when you get back to the chambers to put you into an embrace.

Glorfindel

Glorfindel loves to play fight, though he recognizes that there is indeed a time and a place for play fighting. Rather than spending all day riling you up, like Rog will, Glorfindel will get things riled up and ready for a play fight as soon as you both get up. But rather than actually engaging in the actual fight, he's quick to dress and leave off work.

Leaving you to sit and stew all day with the need, proverbially, to kick his ass. Once he re-arrives back to your shared chambers is he finally ready to engage in the actual play fighting. Pillows will be thrown, blankets used as tools to try and make you sit still as he wraps you up in it hauling you back to be tossed on the bed.

The only issue you will have with Glorfindel is that there is no winning with him. At all. Glorfindel gets really into the play fighting and loves being able to toss you about and tickle you and throw pillows and everything, but he really doesn't get the idea that he should occasionally let you win. So you will undoubtedly have to remind him on occasion that it's sometimes no fun if you are always the one losing.

Ecthelion

Play fighting with Ecthelion doesn't really happen, if anything he doesn't get flustered by it and will tolerate some of your attempts to rile him up. (as per ​ 's words). Ecthelion is quick to end the play fighting once it begins to escalate.

He likes to watch mildly amused as you try to tickle him, or roll on him, or try to lay on him to prompt him into play fighting. Your attempts are cute, but you aren't going to get him there. As ​ said, once you pick up the pillow and hit him with it, he is quick to shut it down real quick.

"Ecthelion would rather be doing other things than play fighting, and your attempts to play fight will definitely prompt for that to happen." ​

Penlod

Play fighting with Penlod is a whole new experience for the bookworm and is more than likely not going to end as well as you think it will. Penlod misses the hints of play fighting, or you trying to rile him up all day. Completely oblivious:

"Y/N, I'm not ticklish, I do not understand why you keep digging your fingers into my sides." While he is trying to go back to reading, all exasperated like. Which is amusing in itself. Once you bust out the pillow to hit him, you completely stun the ellon who is completely baffled by what you have done.

"What was that for? Why did you hit me? I know it was just a pillow, Y/N, but for what reason? Why are we fighting? Whats the difference between fighting and play fighting?" Once you answer all his questions, and get him to take the pillow to hit you in return, well, you may end up a little concussed. Leaving him to panic over the fact that he's now hurt you. I don't advise pillow fighting with Penlod.

Rog

The KING of play fighting, Rog loves to play fight. It's his favorite pastime, and I am sure he wrestles with his other blacksmiths and warriors in his spare time just for fun. So when you start putting in your efforts to rile him up, and quick to catch onto your game, picking at you too.

Rog has no issues during his day picking you up and throwing you over his shoulders, tickling you endlessly, or taking jabs at you that are light-hearted and fun. Happy to take them all back in return with a hearty laugh, as he spends his time continuing to push you.

Once you finally can get to a place where you two can really get into play fighting it is game on. Rog loves to man handle you, tossing you around, picking you up, tossing you over his shoulder, onto the couch, throwing pillows. He loves to take it as far as you let him, all the while mindful of his size and strength in everything that he does. Fortunately for you, the ellon knows how to let you win! So you will never feel as though you are outmatched (even if realistically you would be.)

Galdor

Galdor honestly has neutral feelings about play fighting, he could careless either way if you want to start trying to pick a fight with him playfully. He thinks it's pretty funny watching you trying to rile him up all day with as relaxed and go with the flow as he is. He simply just takes the playful abuse all day and accepts it for what it is. Though he is mildly ticklish, especially just under his ribs.

Galdor will also take any hits with any pillows you have to throw at him, or he just accepts that you might climb up him and hang on him. He makes joking statements about how he has growth attached to him as he walks around the bed chambers with you on him.

Though once he has decided to partake in the harassment you have been dishing out all day, Galdor is absolutely relentless. Prepare to be tickled mercilessly, or for him to lay on top of you once he's pried you off of him. Pinning your hands underneath him so you can't try to continue harassing him further. He simply chuckles at all of your efforts to escape him and waits until you surrender to him.

Duilin

Duilin, depending on how you look at it, can either be an absolute nightmare to play fight with or a wonderful challenge you have to play with like that. He has a house full of archers, so stealth is probably something he is really adept with. So if you start picking a play fight absolutely anticipate for him stealthily antagonizing you throughout the day and acting as though he has done nothing.

This means that when there is a moment where you are utterly alone, a few soft projectiles might be making its way to hit you in the head. Vellum scraps crumbled up into balls that are being launched at you, or as he walks by he steals a tickle or two from you. He's very consistent and persistent and spends all day at it.

So when the two of you finally get time to yourselves back in your shared chambers, Duilin will act as though he has done nothing all day. So when you make the first move to attack he feigns surprise but isn't left stunned for long as he engages you via throwing pillows at you. Playing the equivalent of a pillow dodgeball with you until both of you are tired.

Maeglin

When you go to start a play fight with Maeglin, this could be tricky as Maeglin may not take onto play fighting as well to start off with. He'd be pretty intimidated, because why are you tickling him? Why are you throwing little paper balls at him? What is the meaning of you tossing a pillow at him? Are you mad at him?

So this is something you will have to explain is purely for fun and that no you are not mad at him. That you just want to play and have a good time with him! It will take him some time to warm up to you play fighting with him or riling him up. He's just worried he may hurt you, or that you are secretly mad at him and taking it out on him.

Maeglin is very gentle in all his attacks back, careful to hit you with a pillow and not very hard. Mindful when you stop laughing really hard from tickling that he doesn't over do it, when he picks you up he gently sets you down on the bed. It takes him some time to warm up to it all where play fighting is a little more rough and tumble.