39. Haldir - Roughhousing

Haldir x reader

1.5k words

* * *

You were quiet as you stood behind the door, waiting patiently for Haldir to come through the door. He had a sneaking suspicion that you were up to something, as per usual, but he just want sure what. You watched as he stepped through, leaving the bedroom door open, his back was tense, shoulders squared and you could see his ears twitch beneath his blond hair.

It wasn't entirely unlike you to just be randomly hiding around your home, in your attempt to jump out and scare him. Or in your words "to test to see if you're prepared for anything.". Unsurprisingly he always was, except now he only had a small inkling of what you could possibly be planning.

Haldir paused, looking over the bed you shared with him carefully. Making sure you were hiding under the big fluffy duvet or under the mountain of pillows. He could see no sign of hair or a lump of your form beneath the comfort items. The next to places he suspected you could be were the washroom to the left of the bed- and furthest away from you- or the closet on the right.

Just as he began to turn towards the washroom you decided it was your time to strike. Just as he put one foot in front of the other, you stealthily ran and jumped on his back. Using all of your weight to push against him, for once you caught your husband off guard.

Leaving you to squeak out as he began to stumble and fall forward with an ooph as he tried to catch himself before you all hit the hardwood floor with a heavy thud. You were giggling wildly while Haldir was trying to recover from the attack.

"Meleth!?" He cried out a questioning voice making you only laugh harder, Haldir never sounded so confused! You grabbed a wrist as he began to try and push himself up, yanking it out from under him making him fall forward into the floor!

"Nope! You can't get up until you wrestle me!" You chirped out to him as he snatched his wrist away while you laid on his back still. Haldir only let out a huff as he began to try and get up again, you only pulled hard on his wrist again making him relent to lay on the floor again.

"A simple I would like to spend time with you would've sufficed." Haldir grumbled not understanding the concept of why in Arda you would want to tackle him into the floor! Though he clearly understood you were HIGHLY amused by this ordeal, leaving him less frustrated at the situation.

"If that's what I wanted I would've said so! If you want to get up you'll have to wrestle me for it!" Haldir scoffed loudly as he let you pull his wrists up above his head, face in the floor, and "pinning" them there.

"Eru meleth nin!" He said in frustration trying to roll over but he was afraid he might crush you beneath him. That and he then felt your arms wrap rather snuggly around his neck, if went any further you'd accidentally choke him, you only laughed at his frustration.

"Fine! Have it your way!" Haldir huffed out before you felt a hand go to your side, where there they dug in making you squeal out a peel of laughter. Loosening your hold on his neck, quickly he moved to get up, but you grabbed his tunic and arm yanking him back to the floor.

This time he was prepared as he caught himself this time, moving to try and hover over your. But your foot between you and his chest made it hard for him to get any closer. You pushed off on him but it sent you sliding backwards as you made quick work to try and get away.

"Oh no you don't!" You heard him say with another puff of air grabbing your ankle quickly and sliding you back to him. Your other foot began to push against bicep trying to get him to release you, but he only caught your other foot with his freehand.