112. Caranthir - Meeting Again

Depuis le début

It was far back at the other end of the docks that an ellon caught your attention, dressed in red and black robes. Arms folded over his chest, a small scowl on his face but it was not one of frustration. Just that normal grumpy scowl you had come to love all those years ago. Your heart leapt into your throat at the sight and without another thought you hurriedly grabbed Míron's hand beginning to easily drag him behind you.

"Nana-!" Míron gasped out in surprise, easily he was well over 6'6 and bulky like his Ada but without any issues were you dragging him off the ship and in the direction of your husband. It was him! He had been reborn! You were thrilled with the news,

"It's him! He's here!" You said in a breath to your son unable to contain your secret and reason as to why you were dragging him from the ship. The other elves quickly were sensing your urgency moving out of your way, Míron apologizing profusely all the way.

Were you more sound of mind you would certainly do the same, but you were moving with only goal in mind. You wouldn't even let niceties keep you from your goal, though it seemed everyone understood the others need to get to their loved ones just as quickly. You practically bolted across the dock, one hand holding up the skirt of your gown and your hand still clutching to Míron's.

As Caranthir came closer into view, the sight of him was blurred by your tears. You were so overwhelmed and happy that you could hardly help yourself, the moment he was just mere feet away you stopped. Rather than throwing yourself into him, as desperately as you wanted too, this was the first time that Caranthir had seen Míron since he was but 3 years old.

Looking up at him breathlessly, watching his eyes noticing that they were fixated on the figure whose hand you still held. A look of shock visible on his usually darkened features as he took in the sight of his son fully grown, Míron felt inclined to have questioned you at first. Yet he too found himself silent and nervous standing before his Ada he had barely gotten the opportunity to know.

Only through stories you told him, or horror filled tales he overheard when no one thought he was around or listening. That was how he came to know his Ada. For centuries the idea of meeting this ellon intimidated him, and now he finally stood here before him.

"Míron..." He said in a breath, completely taken aback to see him so grown. As foolish as it was, his heart yearned for the little elfling he held so long ago. But to see him having thrived and grown, was wonderfully overwhelming,

"Ada," Míron began stepping forward with a boost of courage before embracing him, for a long moment Caranthir was still before he embraced him back.

"It is good to see you again... I've missed you." You heard him whisper to Caranthir, who nodded slowly at his words. Both taking this moment to commit to memory, your own heart swelling at the sight to finally see your family together again and far more permanently this time. Overwhelmed didn't even begin to describe how any of you were feeling.

Not a moment later the two parted before, Caranthir's gaze immediately fell on you before he moved to close the short distance between the two of you. His eyes watering and a look of frustration crossed his features, as he didn't want to give in to such intense and vulnerable emotions.

Especially not before so many people, in another instant his hand came to your neck, tilting your head back before his lips crashed with yours. There was not a shred of hesitation in your body as your melded your lips against his, kissing him as deeply as you could.

A strong arm wrapping around your waist as he pulled you flush into him, your hands were quick to grab hold of his robes curling around the soft velvet and embroidery. Breathing in the warm scent of cloves and cinnamon and wine, his lips were so soft. The kiss so gentle and sweet, yet so passionate in the same breath.

It was everything you had missed and craved on those lonely nights without him, before the two of you could lose yourselves further in one another did you both part. The reluctance was strong but the two of you looked at one another. Tears of your own beginning to well and water as you smiled widely at him, you watched the way his cheeks reddened further as he rested his head against yours.

The two of you finally together again, it had been agonizing without him. Finally Caranthir no longer had to worry and stress of what awful fate may befall you both. Now you were both safe and sound and once again in his reach to keep you both safe.

No words needed to be spoken, the two of you always sharing such intense emotionally vulnerability together in silence. Always understand precisely what the other was feeling, no words needed to be said. It was undeniable that the two of you missed each other, Caranthir only kept his arm snugly around you turning to face Míron.

"Let us go home." He said to Míron in a soft voice, there was no greater than that. Finally home with everyone together, safe and sound. It was all any of you had ever longed for and now you all finally had it.