An old Friend

Jack enters the office after a morning revisiting a crime scene with Thomas, they both walk into an empty office which is unusual for this time of day, Jack removes his jacket and puts it on the back of his chair before noticing that Nikki's stuff is still under her desk with her handbag and phone sat on top of it. He grabs the evidence bags and takes them through to the lab where Clarissa is sitting the lab working on another case, he places the evidence bags down on the table and smiles across at Clarissa, "All sorted?" She questions. 

Jack nods with a smile and heads towards the doors, he stops and thinks before looking at Clarissa again, "Where's Nikki? I've recovered the murderer weapon from the - Reece Burton" Jack replies. 
"She's in the cutting room, with a DS Holder... he seems pretty keen on her" Clarissa responds and watches Jack's facial expression changed, he leaves the lab and marches through to the viewing gallery, he pushes open the door abruptly and walks in to see a male police officer with his back to Jack. 

He walks over to the glass to see Nikki stood over the body of Reece Burton once again, she has her camera in hand and is currently investigating the body. "Nik-... "Dr. Alexander, I have the murder weapon" Jack speaks. 

Nikki looks up from the body and places the camera down before looking up at Jack, "Great, can you bring it in please" She smiles as she watches him. 
Jack nods and leaves the window and runs into the lab to grab the evidence bag, he collects the bag before scrubbing into the cutting room and heading in, He walks over to Nikki and places the evidence bag down on her table. 

His eyes drift to her stomach as she does a few things and Jack stands waiting for her to finish what she was initially doing, he then glances up to see the police officer looking down at them, they make eye contact and Jack starts to think who the person before him was as he looks oddly familiar. Jack's focus regains on Nikki as she begins to talk about the wounds and patterns from the knife. 

Soon, Nikki finishes her second examination of the body and Jack helps her to put the body back in the fridges, they both get changed and Jack can't help but spare five cheeky minutes with Nikki. Nikki sorted her hair out again and looks at Jack as he keeps stealing long passionate kisses from her as he keeps her pinned up the lockers, "You're going to get us fired" She chuckles as she kisses him one last time before moving from his hold. 

Jack sighs and watches her as she slips into her heels again, she walks back over to him and wipes her lipstick from the side of his cheek and then walks out the changing room, "Where are you going?" Jack asks as he notices she's got her purse on her. 
"For my lunch... baby wants something vinegary" Nikki smiles and Jack rolls his eyes before heading out the changing rooms and back to the offices. 

Jack stops dead as he walks into the office and realizes who the police officer was who was watching Nikki in the cutting room, he looks at him sitting on the sofa awaiting Nikki's return, "Dr. Alexander has gone on lunch" Jack smiles as he sits down at his desk. 

He watches at the police officer starts to recognize Jack, "Oh my god, Jack Hodgson, you worked with the Yorkshire forensic science team, didn't you? It's Lance... Lance Holder!" He begins, and then it clicks with Jack, Lance walks over to him and shakes his hand, that was it they were stuck in a catch-up conversation. 

"...So, got yourself a partner?" Lance questions his friend. 
"Yeah I'm Married to my best friend" Jack responds with a smile as he messes with a pen. 
"No way where was my invite to the wedding?" Lance quizzes with a smirk. 

Jack chuckles and shakes his head, "We kept it very small, didn't want a big fuss."
Lance smirks at his old friend and leans forwards, "Did you get her pregnant? Typical catholic guilt."

He chuckles at Lance's response and nods, "Funny story, we have two daughters together, A four-year-old and a one-year-old."

"Bloody hell you've been busy haven't you?" Lance chuckles. 
"Hmm..." Jack responds as he notices Nikki walking back into the officers with her lunch and a packet of salt and vinegar crisps in her hand already opened. Lance looks over and notices Nikki and looks her up and down. 

He takes in her small details and how pretty she is, "Gosh, look at that... I'd so do her... come on mate you agree? any way you work with her and haven't had a go?" Lance begins as he glances at Jack who doesn't say anything to him, "Sweet Jesus, I'd do her, then transfer the hell out of here."

Jack raises an eyebrow, "Hmm, yeah..."
"What's wrong Jack? not your cup of tea? got her number? She was playing hard to get in the cutting room, she... you know, doesn't bat for the opposite team?" Lance questions. 

Jack looks up noticing Nikki has walked into the kitchen area, "I'm married to her..." 
"Jesus Jack, you never mentioned she was an absolute Fox," Lance speaks in shock. He smirks and continues to watch Nikki, "Blimey you hit the jackpot, fancy letting me have a go" He winks. 

"Back off, she's spoken for, and she's carrying my child" Jack smiles. 

He watches as Lance's jaw drops and continues to stare at Nikki like a child in a sweet shop, He then watches as Nikki smiles over at them and walks to Jack's side. "Not going to introduce me, Jack?" Nikki smiles as she continues to eat her crisps. 

"Oh erm... Nikki this is Lance an old friend... Lance this is my wife Nikki," Jack smiles slightly. 
"Hello there, how did someone like you end up marrying Jack-small-bollocks-Hodgson?" Lance questions causing Jack to flush bright red and look away from Nikki who is looking at him. 
"Jack, is this another nickname?" She chuckles, Jack shakes his head awkwardly and continues to look away in embarrassment.