The Family Nanny

Soon Jack and Nikki arrive home with Freya, Jack carries Freya out of the car in his arms while Nikki grabs the changing bag and her own handbag from the boot of the car, once she has locked the car she walks up to the house and opens the front door for Jack. They both step in and Nikki places the bags down and walks into the lounge, Jack, on the other hand, has taken Freya upstairs so he can change her nappy. 

Nikki walks into the lounge and looks at the two girls, Poppy who is half-dressed in a clean top and her underwear lounging on the sofa playing on her iPad, She then looks to see Maddison sat fully dressed but her tights removed, on her knees pulling book after book out of the case. "Maddison Grace Hodgson!" Nikki says in a raises tone as she walks around the sofa and stands her up and walks her away from the bookcase, "That is naughty... and Poppy you shouldn't be on your iPad, you've had all your screen time for today young lady!" Nikki says in a raised tone. 

Poppy glances at Nikki and then looks back at her iPad and double-take before looking at her Mum, "Oh Hi" she speaks and then places her iPad down. 
"Where is Sarah, Poppy?" Nikki questions. 

Poppy shrugs her shoulders and lies there on the sofa trying to make her feet touch the sofa by her head. "I don't know" Poppy speaks as she glances at Nikki who is putting Maddison back in her tights. Once Maddison is back in her tights Nikki walks into the lounge to see Sarah the Nanny stood next to the sink on her phone. 
"Why is Maddison pulling all the books out of the bookcase?" Nikki questions causing Sarah to shove her phone back in her pocket. 

 "Erm... I didn't realize she was, she was asleep on the sofa five minutes ago" Sarah defends. 
"What! Maddison isn't due a nap until twelve this afternoon, you've potentially ruined her sleeping pattern! You know full well that we're trying to get her past the two naps a day!" Nikki hisses.  

Sarah looks at Nikki and then at Maddison who has walked in with her comforter in her hand, "I'm sorry I turned around and she was flat out on the floor, I only let her have a little cat nap" She explains. 

"My children aren't animals!" Nikki hisses.
"I know that... I didn't mean it as that" Sarah replies. 
"Well, maybe you should think before you speak!" Nikki snaps. Nikki looks turns around to see Maddison looking up at her, Nikki turns around and picks her up, "You know what Sarah... just get out... get your stuff and leave" Nikki hisses. 

"What...wha... I... what... what!" Sarah stutters. 
Nikki rolls her eyes at the younger woman, "I don't want to listen to you sounding like a duck all day, get your things and leave... don't come back!" Nikki snaps as she marches her towards the front door. "Get out!" Nikki snaps as she opens the front door with Maddison against her hip still. 

Just as she shouts at Sarah, Jack comes down the stairs without Freya who he has left upstairs for a nap. "Nikki?" Jack questions as he opens the baby gate at the bottom of the stairs and then shuts it before standing beside her. "Nikki, what the hell are you playing at" Jack speaks placing his hand on her shoulder. 

"She can't be trusted with the kids, she is lazy and incompetent!" Nikki shouts and the shuts the door and walks past Jack, taking Maddison back into the lounge. 
Jack looks at Nikki and then follows her back into the kitchen, "What is wrong with you today? you're so angry and hormonal!" Jack speaks as he follows her in. 

"There is nothing wrong with me Jack, and I suggest you don't try and defend Sarah or you will be out on your arse too" Nikki hisses as she opens the refrigerator and takes the milk out. 

Jack takes a breath before deciding to speak "Why fire her?, she was a brilliant Nanny, the girls loved her" He questions. 

Nikki turns and looks at him for a moment as she boils the kettle, "So...Didyou love her?" Nikki asks. 
"Yes, she was great with the girls" Jack responds hoping Nikki will come round and let Sarah have her position back at their Nanny. 
"I bet you slept with her" Nikki responds instantly. 

He looks at her in complete shock still not understanding why she is being like this, "What! No, how... when I am always with you! She's a child herself, Nikki I married you for a reason, I would only ever sleep with you" Jack speaks as he gently places his hand on her back. "Please, rethink this. Sarah is having issues at home" He speaks.

Nikki snaps her head to look at him, "How would you know that?" Nikki quizzes. 
"I dropped her home last week remember, it was raining... her-" He is then cut off by Nikki. 
"What you drove her home and she got you off in the car?" Nikki asks. 

Jack rolls his eyes at her once again, "Nikki for fuck sake will you stop thinking I'm sleeping with someone else, it's virtually impossible as I live with you and we work practically the same shifts" Jack responds stunning Nikki to silence when she realizes Jack is telling the truth.