Take a Turn

A couple of weeks later Nikki is now 13 weeks pregnant and is currently at work finishing up on her last post-mortem of the day, she is just putting the body back into the bag when she notices Jack leant against the window of the viewing gallery, She looks up and smiles at him before getting to work, "What do you want Jack?" Nikki questions as she starts to move the body. 

"Just seeing if you're ready" Jack smiles.
"Not just yet I've got a few more files to sort out and I also need to log the post-mortem results" Nikki explains. 

Jack shakes his head as he watches her single-handedly push the body into the fridges, "You shouldn't be doing that Nikki" Jack calls out as he rushes down into the mortuary to help Nikki put the body back into the fridges. When he gets in there though she has already put the body in the fridge, "What?... oh and did you chase those tox results as I asked?" She questions curiously. 

Nikki then locks the fridges before walking out the mortuary with Jack, "So did you get those results?" Nikki asks as she starts to get changed. 

Jack sits down on the bench and watches her change, "Erm... No, sorry" He speaks. "
"What! you know I wanted those today before we finish, Now I'm going to have to stay late and chase those, can't you do anything right Jack!" Nikki huffs as she pulls her blouse on and buttons it up. 
"Hey, I do have other work, don't have a go at me!" Jack defends. 

Nikki turns around and shoots his a glare before removing her trousers and grabbing her black skinny jeans, "So do I, Jack, I told you they were important!" She says in a raised tone as she grabs the rest of her stuff from her locker and slams it shut. 

"Nik, calm yourself down, you're not doing yourself or the baby any favours!" Jack speaks as he watches Nikki shove the used scrubs in the washing bin. 
"I am calm!" She snaps as she abruptly leaves the changing room, Jack follows her out into the offices and grabs his jacket and a few other things. 
"Ready?" Jack asks. 
"I have work to do!" Nikki responds. 

Jack rolls his eyes as he puts his jacket on, "No Nikki, we've got to pick the girls up," Jack speaks.
Nikki looks up at him from her desk, "Go without me, I have work to do."
"No Nikki, you promised Poppy, now get a move on, we have twenty minutes until we're meant to have picked Maddie up" Jack responds and Nikki gives in and gets her stuff together before they leave work. 

Later on that evening Nikki has just finished bathing both the girls and has just left Maddison in her cot as she's attempted to get her down to sleep but she just continues to cry. Nikki and Jack had in the past week started to let Maddison learn to self-soothe although it's not going down too well with Maddison. 
Nikki leaves Maddison in her room to cry and heads into her own and gets ready for bed but takes five minutes lying on the bed as she feels unwell, after five minutes she gets up but feels a little dizzy, she steadies herself and heads downstairs. 

She walks into the lounge and is hit by another wave of dizziness, she hears Jack through to her asking if she wants a drink as he's just put the kettle on, she tries to respond but it comes out in a whisper with a few of her words getting jumbled up. 

The next thing she completely blanks out and collapses to the floor where some form of convulsion is brought on, Poppy who has been playing the lounge before her bedtime notices her mother on the floor shaking, "DADDY!" Poppy squeals loudly in a panicked tone. 
"Daddy, Mummy is dying!" Poppy shouts loudly. 

Jack walks into the lounge to see what the commotion is and notices Nikki on the floor, "Shit!" He says as she rushes to her side. 
He grabs his phone and times her, "Daddy?" Poppy questions.  
"Poppy, go upstairs now, Mummy is going to be okay" Jack speaks in a quick tone. "Go check on Maddie" Jack speaks and Poppy nods and walks upstairs slowly. 

Soon Nikki comes round and Jack gently rolls her onto her side into the recovery position, "Hey you, you gave me such a fight" Jack speaks as Nikki groans and starts to realize where she is. 
"What happened?" Nikki asks as she continues to lie on the floor.
"You had a seizure" He responds and Nikki just nods as she sits herself up. 

Eventually, Nikki gets herself up and sits on the sofa, "We need to get you to hospital, get you checked over," Jack begins as he sits beside Nikki. 
"No, I'm fine" Nikki speaks as she rubs her elbow. 
"Nikki, god sake, you're so stubborn, you just had a seizure" Jack huffs. 

She shakes her head and sighs, "No I'm fine honestly, look I haven't been very honest with you," She starts.
"Okay?" Jack speaks.
Nikki sits back on the sofa and rests her hands on her stomach, "So when I was a teenager, I had random seizures, they never got to the bottom of them but they stopped when I was eighteen" Nikki explains. 

Jack just looks at her stunned, "And today? was that your first since?" Jack asks. 
She nods slowly and looks at her lap, "Sorry for not telling you sooner" She responds. 
"Don't worry about it, but we will have to get you and our little man checked over" Jack smiles as he rests his hand on her stomach. Nikki nods slightly and leans in to give him a kiss while she rests on the sofa.