Pass it Round

For he entire rest of the night, Nikki has been up and down with Poppy and Maddison who have been vomiting all night. Around five in the morning Nikki finally gets back down to sleep on the sofa with Poppy now back in bed and Maddison cuddled up to her asleep also. Jack had been up with Orla giving her the 3am feed Nikki usually does.

An hour later, Jack comes downstairs with Orla and places her in her bouncer before walking into the lounge and sighing as he notices a few more of Poppy and Maddison's clothes in the wash basket, the smell of vomit lingering in the air he opens up the windows and feeds Milly and Merlin, he then makes his morning coffee and some toast.

He quickly runs upstairs and gets Freya out of her cot and puts her hearing aids in and carrying her downstairs. "Good morning beautiful wee girl" Jack coos as Freya beams cheerfully at her Fathers voice, an expression which always made Jack smile especially with Freya.

Jack takes Freya downstairs and allows her to play with her toys while he sorts out her breakfast. Soon Nikki wakes up and Leaves Maddison asleep on the sofa, Nikki walks into the kitchen and smiles as she sees Jack sat at the kitchen table with Freya in her high chair eating her breakfast and Orla laying in Jack's one arm having just finished her bottle of milk. "Morning... you look like you could do with a years worth of sleep," Jack responds.
"I really could, Maddison was the worst last night. Poppy on the other hand was use restless after she was sick again, gave her some Calpol for the temperature and she went straight down to sleep" Nikki explains.

He nods and watches as she walks to the kettle yawning to herself, flicking the switch and preparing her cup of tea. "Do you think you could take Freya to nursery for me today on your way to work?" Nikki asks.

"Sure, why?" He quizzes his wife.
"I'm just tired, taking Poppy and Maddie out is risky, I don't want to be having to clean my car too" Nikki explains as she takes a deep breath and holds her stomach for a moment.
"You look like you're going to throw up... You better not be pregnant again?" Jack responds.

Nikki snaps her head around and laughs at his comment, "for that to happen Jack we would need to have sex," she chuckles
"That's true," he mumbles.
"Sorry, no more children Jack. No more sex until I'm back on the pill or some form of contraception."

Jack nods and goes to speak but is cut off by Nikki, "no Jack, we're not taking a chance with just a condom, look what happened last time we relied on a condom... I got pregnant with Orla just two months after having Freya."

He looks down at Orla and smiles before back up at Nikki, "are you sure you don't want me to stay with you today, I don't have to go in you know if you're feeling unwell" Jack speaks noticing she doesn't look okay.
"Stop asking if I'm okay," she responds swallowing hard trying to keep the contents of her stomach down.

Jack sighs watching her, "I'll be a phone call away Nik, if you don't feel well call me and I'll be home in a heartbeat" Jack explains as he stands up with Orla and walks through to the lounge and places her in the bouncer.

He walks over to the sofa where Maddison is fast asleep in the corner of the sofa and Poppy sat up watching Moana on the TV.
"Hey Pop, I'm going to work now, see you later" he smiles kissing his eldest daughter on her head.

"Okay, where is Mummy?" Poppy asks.
"She's in the kitchen baby, why? Do you need her?" Jack asks curiously stroking her thin blonde hair out of her face.
Poppy nods and looks up at her Dad teary eyes. "Pops?" Jack sighs feeling obliged to stay with her for a while.
"My tummy hurts" she cries holding her stomach, Jack sits back on the sofa pulling his eldest to his lap.

He pulls her into a tight hug and she relaxes against him, while holding Poppy against his chest he wonders if it would be best to stay and work from home.

Nikki walks through with Freya and places her down on the floor, "Freya isn't going in today" Nikki speaks. Jack raises an eyebrow and looks down at Freya. "She's just been sick."

Jack sighs and looks down at Poppy who is still cuddled close to Jack, she begins to cough and almost natural instinct Jack quickly sits up and grabs the washing up bowl from the floor and places it under Poppy. Poppy launches forwards and is sick into the bowl, "nice catch" Nikki grimaces.
Poppy takes hold of the bowl and Jack rubs her back gently to comfort her, she soon finishes being sick and Jack places the bowl down, "I'll empty it" Nikki speaks up picking up the bowl.
"Are you sure? You look pale?" Jack says.
"Stop asking if I'm okay, I'll be fine" she calls back to her husband.

Soon Jack gets himself ready as he decides he doesn't want to be around long enough to catch anymore sick from his children. He knew full well that Nikki was the parent that would deal with the sick and see to the children unlike Jack who hates it and deals better with messy nappies.

As he goes to leave the house he hears Nikki in the downstairs bathroom heaving, Jack walks into the bathroom to see her hunches over the toilet being sick. "You've got what they have got haven't you?" Jack asks and Nikki nods while still looking into the toilet.

"Yeah, probably got it you know, are you off to work?" Nikki mumbles while getting up off the floor and flushing the toilet.
"Yes, are you going to be alright on your own with the girls?" Jack asks curiously knowing full well Gemma the nanny has refused to come in due to the bug that is going around the house.
"Yes, go to work. I will be fine! I will call you if I'm not" she speaks softly placing her hand on his shoulder and kissing his shoulder too.

Jack leaves the bathroom and collects his belongings, Nikki follows him to the door and smiles up at him, "girls say bye to Daddy, he's going to work now?" Nikki speaks up despite being so exhausted.

The pair listen out but all they hear is a groan coming from one of the children, Jack turns to Nikki and kisses her forehead before leaving the house and heading to work. Nikki on the other hand shuts the front door and heads into the lounge and curls up on the sofa with the girls.