Nutritional Value

Within a matter of weeks, the extension and renovation on the house had commenced meaning due to the size of the project Jack, Nikki and the girls have had to move in with Jack's Mum while the work on the house takes place, which means Nikki has to learn to live with Josephine for up to nine weeks.

On the other hand, Jack and Nikki have been enjoying keeping her fourth pregnancy to themselves and are enjoy their little bubble of just them knowing. While living with Josephine Jack and Nikki have had to sleep in a small box room with a small double bed, although it's a squeeze Jack is enjoying how close they have to be at night, they have also had Freya sleeping in the Moses basket beside the bed and Poppy and Maddison have been sleeping in the office of the house which now has two small child-sized camp beds in.

It's currently early morning and Nikki is getting ready for work, she has just finished dressing herself and Freya before heading downstairs, Nikki sits on the sofa with Freya in her arms and gently lies her back before rolling her top up and unclipping her nursing bra and brings Freya close before letting her latch.
Poppy skips through to the lounge and over to where Nikki is sat on the sofa, "Hello Mummy," Poppy grins as she goes to kiss the four-month-old on the head.

Nikki stops Poppy as she notices a brown substance around her daughter's mouth, "What an earth have you been eating young lady?" Nikki asks as she attempts to reach for Maddison's changing bag for nursery, she grabs the wipes from it and then wipes Poppy's mouth with a wipe.

"Chocolate!" The Four-Year-old shouts hyperactivity.
"What!" Nikki responds her voice almost high pitched.
"Chocolate on toast! o-oh... shh it's a secret" Poppy grins.

Nikki huffs and looks down at Freya, Just then Josephine comes in with Maddison against her hip and places her down on the floor. "Oh... you're still breastfeeding?" Josephine questions her daughter in law.

"Erm... yes... problem?" Nikki questions as she alters Freya a little bit so she can get comfortable.
"Oh well, I assume you won't be doing that much longer?" She questions.
"Why?... I will be doing this as long as I please" Nikki responds.

Josephine glances at Maddison who clambers up onto the sofa beside her mother and rests her head on Nikki's shoulder, "Well I hope you know that breastfeeding has no nutritional value after six months... trust me I'm a midwife."

"I hope you know I will do this as long as I want... I breastfed Poppy until she was twelve months, and there is no issue with that. Well if Freya gets a cold my body produced anti-bodies to help fight her cold, so Freya consuming my breast milk is actually helping... trust me I'm a doctor" Nikki smirks sarcastically.

Later that morning Nikki has dropped Poppy at school and Maddison and Freya at Nursery for the day. She walks into the Lyell to just Clarissa at her desk, she instantly realizes Jack and Thomas must be out at a crime scene and Harry is currently at the coroner's court giving evidence. Nikki throws her bag down and slumps down in her chair at her desk before logging onto the system, suddenly Nikki's phone rings and Clarissa watches her answer it and smirks as she watches the events unfold. "Josephine... yes they are all in nursery today... yes I'm working until five... no, I don't need you to pick them up... Honestly, I'm sure Josephine, Poppy will go to after school club, and Maddie and Freya are booked in until six... yes we will be home for tea... no Jack isn't here... urgh... I'm going to hang up now, I have work to do..."

Clarissa smirks and looks over at Nikki, "the in-laws again?" She smirks.
"Don't start me, that woman... now I know where Jack gets his persistence from, woman bloody drives me insane. She's criticizing my parenting and saying I shouldn't bloody breastfeed Freya now, she's giving the girls that Nutella spread for breakfast, honestly, it's no good for them they get hyper" Nikki rants.

"Gosh, and I thought my in-laws were awful," Clarissa smirks.
"That woman is a witch I swear, she dotes on the girls and her son but she's got it in for me god help me when she finds out about this ba-" She stops herself.

Clarissa raises an eyebrow and watches Nikki bite her lip, "Finds out about what Nikki?" She questions.
"Nothing," Nikki says awkwardly.
Clarissa looks at Nikki in a way that presses her for answers, "Nikki, what will she have to find out about?... you're not are you?"

Nikki turns to look at Clarissa and takes a breath before responding, "Yeah, it's early days, I'm thirteen weeks pregnant..." Nikki responds.
"I knew it! I knew you and Jack couldn't resist another child, I wondered why Jack was being protective over you... have you had your twelve-week scan?" Clarissa quizzes.

"No, we've been so busy wrapped up in work and with the girls that we've had to book in for next week, little late but shouldn't make an issue, I had a scan when I found out, I was only four weeks when I found out, but they couldn't show us anything and it was a transvaginal ultrasound so wasn't the most comfortable" Nikki smiles

Clarissa smiles happily at Nikki, "I suppose congratulations are in order... you and Jack must be trying to produce a team of pathologists" She jokes.

Nikki chuckles happily and rolls her eyes, "He thinks, but this is the last. I'm booking him in for the snip."
"I'm assuming he wants a boy?" She asks and Nikki nods with a smile, "Will he ever learn, three girls I bet you have another girl," Clarissa smirks. Nikki chuckles before getting down to some work before heading off to do a post-mortem.