Night Terrors

Three weeks later -

Jack walks into the bedroom and sees Nikki changing into her pyjamas. "Early night?" Jack asks her curiously."Girls are asleep, I'm knackered, may as well" she speaks as she brushes her hair. Jack sits down on the bed and removes his socks before removing his jeans and top. Nikki smiles warmly at him as she turns to him and walks to him.

She stands between his legs and looks down at him. She places a gentle kiss on his head as Jack pulls her in and holds her hips. Jack rubs her hips and looks up at her. "You're so beautiful," he smiles.

"I'm not, don't. I'm going to be huge soon."
"I don't care, still stunning as ever!" He smiles before kissing her stomach. "Our little baby is safe too" he chuckles causing Nikki to roll her eyes dramatically at him.

He grabs her waist and pulls her down onto the bed beside him. He lies back with her and places his hand on her hip. "I think I need to kiss you some more" he mumbles and Nikki rolls her eyes again.

"Must you, you're always kissing me" she mumbles as she strokes his bare chest.

"Yes, I know. Because I love you" he smiles as he nudges her chin up and smirks. Jack plants a kiss on her jaw and all the way across to her chin teasing her as he goes. 

Nikki rolls onto her back and smiles. "I need to go to bed Jack I'm so tired" she groans.
"Five more minutes," he smiles.
"You're not the one having to get up at Five for work tomorrow" Nikki mumbles. Jack strokes her stomach and slips his hand under her top. "Jack!" Nikki giggles as she grabs his hand.

"What? I want to feel our baby" he smiles with a cunning look on his face.

"You're hardly going to feel anything yet, I'm Nine weeks!" She speaks as she props herself up on her elbows.

Jack smirks and rolls onto his stomach and puts his arm across her stomach. He looks up at her with a smile before rolling her top up and kissing her stomach. "Mmm," he mumbles against her stomach hoping to take things further although he looks up at her to see her yawning.

"Am I keeping you up?" He smirks and Nikki shakes her head as she glances at him. He sits up and moves up her body and continues to kiss her lips and across her jaw. His hand slips under her waistband on her pyjamas causing Nikki to giggle and squirm.

It's not long before they're in the think of the action and although Nikki is tired she is egging him on for more. She bunches the duvet in her hands as she calls his name like a mantra.

Nikki suddenly hears something and her eyes snap open. She looks at Jack how is busy kissing her neck. "Jack!" She breathes.
"Mmmm" is all she gets from Jack.

Her head looks to the right and out of the bedroom door where she sees a very sleepy Poppy rubbing her eyes stood at the door. "Jack!" Nikki panics as she pushes him off her.

"Shit!" Jack panics as he notices their four-year-old stood at the door.
"Mummy" Poppy mumbles tiredly as Nikki springs off the bed and adjusts her pyjamas.
"W-w-what's wrong Poppy?" Nikki questions awkwardly as she clears her throat and tucks a piece of hair behind her ear.

She walks over to her daughter and ushers her out of the bedroom leaving Jack sat on the bed very flustered. "I had a bad dream" Poppy mumbles as she starts to get upset.

Nikki sighs and scoops up the four-year-old and carries her back to her bedroom which is opposite their room. "Oh darling, they're not real, they can't hurt you princess" Nikki soothes as she places Poppy back down in her bed.
"But it was scary" Poppy cries.

"I know darling, it's not real and nothing can hurt you" Nikki smiles as she lies Poppy down and pulls her blanket back over her. She grabs Poppy's comfort teddy from the floor and places it next to her as she tucks her in.

"Mummy, the nasty men are going to take you and Daddy away" Poppy cries.

Nikki sighs and looks down at her, placing a comforting kiss on her forehead. "Darling nobody is going to take Daddy and I, away from you, they will have to fight Daddy first, and he's good at fighting" Nikki smiles as she strokes Poppy's head. Poppy smiles at her mother through the tears and holds her hand tightly.

"Can I have my light on Mummy!" Poppy asks as she wipes away her own tears and looks up at Nikki.

Her big browns eyes melting Nikki's head as she looks at her so innocently. "Okay my darling, but only for ten minutes" Nikki smiles as she plants a kiss on Poppy's head.

She stands up and turns the nightlight on and sets the light off timer for ten minutes. She walks back over to Poppy and kisses her head. "Good night baby girl" Nikki speaks softly as she kisses Poppy's head and leaves the bedroom, leaving Poppy's door open.

Nikki glances over her shoulder and then walks into Maddison's room to check in on her. She smiles happily as she notices the eleven-month-old fast asleep with her bum in the air and her dummy hanging out her mouth. 

Nikki smiles contently and shuts her door gently too before making her way back into her own room. "Sorted?" Jack asks who is now sat under the covers in their bed.
"Bad dream" Nikki explains as she clambers in.
"You've left our door open" Jack speaks.

Nikki nods as she knows she has left it open. "So Poppy can see us, she's scared some bad men are going to take us away from her" Nikki responds.

His heart melts at his daughter. "Oh lord," he smiles as Nikki cuddles up to him and turns her lamp off. "That girl's imagination" he smiles warmly.

"I told her they would have to fight you first, and you're good at fighting" Nikki smiles as she closes her eyes.
"Good, because I will" he smiles as he strokes his partner's arm. Nikki smiles warmly as she cuddles up to him more. Jack turns his lamp off and gets comfortable before they both drift off into a comfortable sleep.