Inheritance

Nikki sits up in bed with her laptop on her lap. Jack is fast asleep beside her snoring lightly. She sighs as she clicks through her laptop, she could barely sleep with the day's events running round in her head and to add to the events she is now pregnant with her fourth child, this was the main issue keeping her awake. 

She had been sat for a good half hour trying to work out their finances and if they could truly afford a fourth child. She moves slightly as Jack pulls the covers as he rolls away from her slightly. She smiles as he hears him muttering in his sleep, he is exactly like Poppy right down to the way she sleeps and the muttering in her sleep just like her father.

The blanket brushes her thigh and she winces, she moves her laptop slightly before lifting the covers and checking her bandage. She puts the covers back down and then continues to look through her laptop and sort their finances out.

Suddenly Jack rolls over and is woken by the light from Nikki's laptop, "what are you doing up?" He groans as she rolls onto his back to look at the clock beside the bed. "Nikki it's half three" he groans.

"Sorry I can't sleep, I'll go sit downstairs" Nikki speaks.
"What are you looking at?" He asks squinting trying to adjust his sight to the bright light from her laptop.
"It's nothing" she speaks but before she can close her laptop lid down, Jack grabs the laptop off her.

"Nikki... why are you sorting our finances at half three in the morning?" Jack responds as he notices how well totaled up everything is. "Is this over us having another baby? Because you need to relax, it's going to be fine, we said we can work around the extra mouth to feed," Jack adds as he yawns slightly.

Nikki sighs and looks at Jack, "I'm sorry, I can't help thing we won't have enough room, I've been looking at houses" She speaks.
"Nik it's too late for this why don't we talk in the morning?" Jack speaks.
"I can't stop thinking about it" she replies.
"Look we don't have to move house, we could discuss a renovation... but in the morning now turn that laptop off and come and give me a cuddle," he smiles.

Nikki obliges and turns her laptop off, "you're such a cringe" she smirks. Nikki places her laptop on the chair in the corner of the room before clambering back into bed and cuddling up to Jack. Jack wraps his arms around her tiny waist and pulls her into him close.

Early in the morning Nikki is woken by Freya kicking at her Moses basket and whining, Nikki gets up and takes her downstairs and boils the kettle before sitting and the breakfast bar and feeding Freya. 

Soon Poppy comes downstairs rubbing her eyes and Nikki gives her breakfast before changing Freya and getting her dressed for the day. An hour later Jack comes downstairs with Maddison attached to his hip. "Morning" Jack smiles as he kisses Nikki's head before placing Maddison down on the floor. "You're up early," Jack adds.

"Freya was kicking the bottom of the Moses basket again" she speaks."It's time she sleeps in her own room" Jack responds.
"Jack she's nine weeks old, Poppy and Maddie were in our room until they were six months" Nikki responds as she makes Jack a cup of coffee.

"Now why don't we sit and talk about this extension, I know you don't want to move, neither do I this household has way too many memories" Jack smiles as he puts bread in the toaster.
"Really? I love this house too but it's getting too small, I never expected to have any more after Poppy and well now we've got Maddison and Freya I feel it's too small" Nikki responds. 

Jack turns back and smiles at her, "Good well maybe we should consider an Extention? I mean the garage is too small for our cars and it's empty just full of spiders and cobwebs, Then we could build up and have an extra room upstairs or even build into the attic area" Jack smiles. 

"It's going to be expensive..." Nikki sighs. 
"We could both fit in some overtime shifts," Jack speaks. 
"No, I mean I haven't been so honest with you," She replies and Jack raises an eyebrow before nodding slowly wondering where this is going, "My Nana, she left me her entire estate and extra in her will, obviously I sold off her house when she died, but I put all my inheritance into a separate account and I haven't touched it since Poppy was born, the last time I checked the account while I was pregnant with Maddison there was roughly forty-five grand..." She speaks but is cut off by Jack. 

"... Forty-Five grand... Nikki... what the hell, why didn't you tell me" He speaks. 
"Because... well... we weren't married back then, I didn't want to say anything just in case something happened between us" Nikki responds. 

"So this money... you haven't touched it?" He asks. 
"No, I think we would have enough to have a nice renovation with decorating included" Nikki replies. 
"So next week are we going to get some evaluations ready? I have next week off" Jack smiles. 
"Well lucky for you, I have to work next week" Nikki responds, Jack smiles at her before walking over to her and wrapping his arms around her waist before pulling her into a hug and kissing her head. 

"I can't wait, we've been together four years and finally we're going to make this house or own" He smiles happily as he holds his wife's waist.