Pushing the Boundary

Nikki and Jack have just arrived home and sat in Nikki's car taking in the day, "Now Jack, please be nice to your Mum, she's helped with the girls today, just thank her offer to drop her home or something, please be nice" Nikki sighs as she places her hand on Jack's knee. 

Jack nods with a smile as he takes a deep breath and gets out the car, Nikki copies his actions and also climbs out the car before they walk together to the front door. "Be nice Jack" Nikki speaks as she pulls her keys out her handbag and unlocks the door. 
"Sure, I will be nice, you don't have to keep reminding me" Jack responds as he grabs her bum and squeezes it. 

Nikki shoots him a look before she opens the door and steps inside, she takes her jacket off and shoes off as Jack shuts the door and copies Nikki's actions. Nikki walks into the lounge to see Josephine sat on the sofa with Maddison resting against her chest asleep, "Hi, sorry we're late" Nikki speaks up quietly. 

Josephine looks around to see Nikki stood behind her slightly, "Oh it's no worries, they were both golden, I've bathed them both, they've had dinner and Poppy is asleep in bed" Josephine inform as she lies Maddison down on the sofa and stands up, as she stands up she notices Jack stood behind Nikki. "Oh hello, Jack" She speaks awkwardly. 

"Josephine, I think Jack has something he wants to say to you" Nikki speaks as she elbows Jack in the stomach. 
"Have I?" Jack speaks.
"I better be off" Josephine speaks.
"No Josephine, Jack really does need to tell you something" Nikki responds as she walks around the sofa and stands in front of Josephine. 

"Okay?" Josephine replies putting her hands on her hips and looking at her son. 
Jack takes a breath and looks at her, "Look I'm sorry for everything I put you through. Look we would appreciate it if you would join us for a drink and then I can drop you off home" Jack explains. 

Josephine takes a breath before smiling at him, "I'm sorry for keeping everything from you" Josephine smiles as Jack brushes past Nikki and walks over to Josephine and pulls her into a warm hug. 

Nikki walks into the kitchen and grabs two wine glasses and a bottle of wine out of the fridge. She then grabs herself a glass of apple juice, "Here you go, I'm just going to take Maddie upstairs and put her to bed" Nikki smiles as she puts the bottle of wine down on the coffee table. 

She scoops Maddison up and carries her upstairs before settling her down in her cot, she leaves the room and checks in on Poppy who is also fast asleep. Nikki heads back downstairs and sits herself down on the sofa beside Jack, "Not drinking Nicola?" Josephine questions curiously. 

She shakes her head and makes herself comfortable as she sits on her legs and looks at Jack as he snakes his one arm around her small frame. "Tell her," He mumbles against her ear as he smiles. 

"Tell me what?" Josephine speaks as she sips her wine and looks at the pair, Nikki and Jack look at each other in shock that she actually heard Jack mumbling. 

Nikki blushes as Jack rubs his thumb over her stomach, "Nikki's pregnant" Jack blurts out with a smile on his face. 
"What? really?" Josephine asks unable to hide the smile that is forming on her face, Nikki nods and blushes slightly, "This is brilliant news" She adds. 

"Came as a bit of a shock to us" Nikki explains. 
"How far along are you?" She quizzes her. 
"Seven weeks" Nikki smiles as she feels Jack hand gently pressing against her stomach, she smiles warmly and places her hand on top of his. 

Josephine looks at the couple happily again, after all these years she thought she would never get any grandchildren or even see them due to Jack not knowing she is his biological mother. And now all of a sudden she has two granddaughters and a third grandchild on the way, she only prayed that Jack would let her stay around to be on hand to help when needed and not push her away, Nikki, on the other hand, is more than welcoming her into the family and allowing her to see the girls as often as she pleases as long as Jack isn't around, although now Jack seems to be warming to the idea with gentle encouragement from Nikki.