Family Meal

Jack, Nikki, and the three girls walk into the pub later that day and are met by Conor, Josephine, and Ryan. Instantly Ryan raises an eyebrow at Nikki's presence and also notices Jack carrying an older baby in his arms who is sat up looking around biting her fist. "Sorry we're a wee bit late," Jack smiles cheerfully.

"Jack a word..." Ryan responds.
Jack nods and passes Freya to Nikki before following his brother away from the family. "What's wrong Ry?" Jack quizzes.

Ryan looks back over at Nikki who is keeping the three girls in check and entertained while Josephine finds out when their table is available. "What is she doing here? This is a family meal not bring your colleague and her children..." Ryan speaks.

Jack smirks realising his younger brother doesn't know the full story about Jack and Nikki, "What? Has Da not told you?"
"Told me what?" Ryan questions.
"I married Nikki, the three girls are mine," Jack grins watching Ryan for a reaction.

He takes a moment to take in what Jack has just told him, "Since when?" Ryan questions with a slight smirk knowing all along that Jack did like Nikki to some extent back when he last saw them together.

"Married her last June, why don't you come over, introduce you to the girls" Jack smiles.
Ryan nods and follows Jack over to Nikki and the girls, "Ryan this is Nikki as you know, My now wife and colleauge, and this is Poppy, Maddison and Freya... oh and bump" Jack smiles proudly.

Ryan looks at the three girls and smiles at Poppy who looks up at him, "Daddy... who's that man?" Poppy quizzes as she finds herself hiding in Jack's leg.
"This is your uncle Ryan, Daddy's brother" Jack explains as he lifts the five-year-old up.
"Hey kiddo," Ryan smiles causing Poppy to hide her face in Jack's shoulder.

"Poppy you are not shy, say hello" Nikki pushes and Poppy looks up and whispers hello to Ryan.
Josephine comes back over and the waitress shows them all to their table where they sit down and looks through the menus while Nikki waits on a highchair for Freya.

"So Nikki when are you due? I see my big brother has been a busy boy," Ryan smirks.
"I'm due next month, another girl to the mix," Nikki chuckles.
"Oh you poor man Jack, I thought you always wanted a son," Ryan chuckles.

Conor chuckles to himself as Jack shakes his head denying such thing, "Oh son you always wanted a boy ever since you were a wee boy" Conor pitches in.
"That's true, when you used to come to my house you would talk of teaching a boy football and boxing," Josephine pitches in.

Nikki sits there with Freya on her lap and smirks at the comments watching Jack almost flush bright red. "I don't mind three girls though... I mean four" Jack swallows nervously.

Soon as they have picked their meals Conor waves the waitress over and they all order, "... and what can I get you?" Waitress asks Jack and Nikki.
"I'll have a mixed grill, and Poppy shall have fish fingers with chips, peas and sweet corn" Jack replies as he looks at Nikki who nods in agreement over Poppy's meal.

"And for yourself Miss?" The waitress questions as she looks up from her notebook.
"I will have the tuna pasta salad please," Nikki smiles as she strokes her bump slightly before passing Freya a teething ring again which she instantly chews frantically on.

Jack looks at Nikki, "Are you sure you don't want any chips?" Jack questions.
"I'm fine, not really feeling it" Nikki says as the Waitress leaves the table.

Josephine looks over at Nikki and smirks, "You know you shouldn't eat too much tuna, it's very high in mercury, it can't be good for the baby," Josephine remarks.
Nikki rolls her eyes and looks across the table at Josephine, "I am a doctor, I do know these thing. I don't go round eating it by the gallon, do you really think I am that stupid?" Nikki hisses.

Jack places his hand on Nikki's knee and squeezes it. "Yes actually sometimes I do, are you sure you're fit for a fourth child?" Josephine.
"Ma!" Jack warns.
"Josephine... give it a rest, and this is the reason we never worked in the first place, you poking you nose in!" Conor adds.
"Woah Josephine what is going on with you and Nikki, don't you like her?" Ryan quizzes.
"Since you asked Ryan, no I don't, I think my son could do so much better than her" Josephine hisses back.

Nikki stands abruptly but Jack pulls her back into her chair, "Calm down ignore her!" Jack warns.
"She can't even control her own anger, are you sure a forth child won't push her over the edge," Josephine points out.
"Leave it Ma, she's eight months pregnant for goodness sake," Jack warns.
"Make her shut up Jack, or I will, I will shove this so far down her throat she will need surgery to get it out" Nikki hisses as she picks up the breadroll which is on a plate in front of her.

Josephine gets up front her chair and walks around to her and slaps her across the face, "Learn for manners, stupid bitch!" Josephine hisses.
Nikki holds her cheek and attempts to fight back the tears by looking at Freya who is trying to share her bottle of juice with Poppy.

"Leave!" Conor warns as he gets up.
"Don't make a scene Conor!" Josephine speaks.
"I'm not making a fecking scene yet love. Get out, don't upset the kids!" Conor speaks pointing to the door as both his sons stand up and back him.

Josephine walks out the pub with her belongings and Conor heads to the bar to cancel Josephines part of the order. Jack sits down beside Nikki and attempts to get her to look at him, "Nik, please my love, don't be like this, I know she did wrong, talk to me" Jack speaks as he looks up at Ryan who is sat beside Maddison and Poppy keeping them occupied.

Conor returns and looks at the couple, "I'm so sorry Nikki, now you see son why there is such word as Ex wife" He chuckles as he places his hand on Nikki's shoulder supportivly.

Nikki looks up at Jack and wipes her face, He places a kiss on her cheek and smiles slightly at her, "I love you" He mumbles and Nikki smiles slightly and kisses him back on the lips as he slips his hand to her bump again.