Cold Silence

The car journey back to the Lyell was silent, Jack instantly knew that Nikki wasn't happy about something from the silent treatment she was giving him. They come to a set of traffic lights which are on red and Jack stops and turns to look at Nikki. "What is wrong then? You're pissed off with me, I see it written all over your face" He speaks softly not wanting to make her jump. 

She just continues to look out the window not watching to pay any attention to him, "Come on Nikki? speak to me. I will pull over until you speak to me" He speaks, the traffic lights then turn to green and allow him to pull away, Jack then pulls over into the nearest layby. 

He turns the engine off and looks at her, "Speak to me then" He replies. 
Nikki huffs and turns to look at her in the car. "Jack... do you find me attractive?" She asks curiously. 

"What?" He replies, his voice going slightly higher than the usual tone. "... of course I do, what sort of question is that?... Is this your hormones talking again?" 
Nikki snaps her head to look at him and shoots Jack a glare, "What! how would it be? I just want to know!" She replies. 

Jack places his hand on her knee and smiles at her, "What is this all about Nik?" He quizzes. 
She takes a breath, "Are you or are you not distracted or attracted to other women? actually don't bother responding, I know the answer, I saw you and DCI Steel earlier, you were practically undressing her with your eyes" She hisses. 

"Woah, are you jealous? She asked me out I said no, I told her I was married and I couldn't be unfaithful to you. Stop acting like a psycho Nikki, it doesn't suit you," Jack huffs as he turns the engine back on and prepares to pull away. 

The drive back to the Lyell is silent and cold, they both hated arguing with each other and most the time Nikki wonders if she has completely blown their relationship like now. They both get out the car once they have arrived back at work and Jack marches on ahead of Nikki who is carrying her forensic case and a bunch of evidence. 

Once in the offices she puts her case down and goes to put the evidence away safely for her to resume with it tomorrow morning. She walks back over to her desk and sits down and logs onto her computer. Clarissa and Thomas had both gone home leaving Jack and Nikki, Jack walks through from the lab and looks at Nikki, "What are you doing?" He asks. 

"Making a start on the case" She speaks not even breaking her gaze away from the computer. 
"I thought we were going out?" He replies. 

Nikki huffs and continues to look through documents on her screen. "Nikki, we're going out, get your bag and coat!" He adds he then walks over to her desk and grabs her chair and gently rolls it away from the desk, she attempts to roll back but he quickly stands in front of her. "Get your bag!" He smiles as he stands her up, she looks at him really confused, she has clearly annoyed him earlier and now he was carrying on as if nothing ever happened. 

"But..." She speaks. 
"Shh," He smiles as he cups her cheeks and leans in to kiss her, "Don't want to hear you complaining okay, water under the bridge?" He smiles as he goes in for another kiss, his one hand slipping to her waist. "Now I'm really hungry, so let's go get Pizza" He smiles as he kisses her one last time before walking away from her and grabbing his jacket.