Don't Give in

Later that evening Nikki is sat cuddled up to Jack on the sofa as they catch up on some television together. Jack keeps his arm around Nikki holding her close as her head rests carefully on his chest, he gently strokes her bump with him one hand while he holds his beer in his other hand.

Jack looks down at Nikki to see her drifting off to sleep, "Hey don't get falling asleep on me" He smiles.
"I'm not, I am resting my eyes" Nikki mumbles tiredly.
"I'm going to finish off this beer and then we can go to bed" Jack responds as he gently shakes her shoulder again and tries to keep her from falling asleep.

Jack soon finishes up his beer and they both head upstairs and climb into bed, Jack heads off to the ensuite to use the toilet and brush his teeth. When he arrives back from the ensuite Nikki is already fast asleep, Jack climbs into bed beside her and cuddles up to Nikki before turning the lamp out. Around an hour later Nikki is woken by the sound of feet pattering on the wooden floor of their bedroom.

Nikki groans and rolls over to face Jack and cuddles into his back. Nikki soon feels the pressure of someone on her legs clambering up the covers towards her. She places her hand protectively on her bump to stop Poppy landing on her. "Mummy" Poppy whispers as she taps Nikki on the arm. "Mummy wake up!" she whispers.

"Poppy go to bed darling, I'm tired" Nikki mumbles.
"No, Mummy I want to stay here" Poppy protests instantly.
"Poppy Mae go to bed, your own bed..." Nikki groans as she feels Poppy smack the covers, "Poppy! I'm warning you, bed now."

Poppy folds her arms and glares down at her mother, Poppy lays herself down on top of the covers between her parents. "Go to bed Poppy, I've got work in the morning" Nikki mumbles as she feels like she is getting nowhere with Poppy right now.
"No!" She protests.

Nikki huffs and reaches for her lamp and turns it on, she winces as she adjusts to the light and then looks at Poppy. "Bed now!" She speaks getting firmer.
Poppy shakes her head and folds her arms, "I stay here with you and Daddy," Poppy whines.

Nikki huffs and climbs out of bed and lifts Poppy off the bed and onto the floor, she walks her back into her own room and helps her back into bed, "Right, bed now!" Nikki speaks as she tucks Poppy in and kisses her head before getting up off the bed and turning the nightlight on again.

"Goodnight!" Nikki speaks as she walks out of the room and shuts her door too.
"Mummy!" Poppy whines loudly as she begins to kick the wall to try and get Nikki cave and allow her to sleep in their bed.

Nikki shuts their door completely and checks the baby monitor is still on before getting back into bed and turning the lamp off and cuddles back up to Jack again.

Around ten minutes later she is once again woken by the sound of the bedroom door clicking open, Nikki groans and cuddles up to Jack more trying to ignore Poppy. "Jack..." Nikki groans.

"What?" He responds tiredly.
"Take Poppy back to bed?" Nikki mumbles against his back, he huffs and folds back the covers and gets out, Nikki groans at the loss of warmth as Jack gets up.

"Bed now wee lady!" Jack speaks as he yawns.
"But Daddy, I want to stay with you and-" She is cut off by Jack scooping her up and taking her to bed. "Daddy no! I'm scared of the dark!" She cries as the tears begin to slip down her face.

Jack doesn't respond and just puts her in bed and leaves before going back into their own room. Both Jack and Nikki are up another two times with Poppy throughout the course of the night, on Poppy's sixth attempt Nikki gives up and takes Poppy back to her own room before climbing into the single bed with her and cuddling up to her.

Nikki lays there cuddled up to Poppy who lays beside her contently as she randomly plays with Nikki's fingers. "Go to sleep baby" Nikki mumbles as she plants a kiss on her head. Soon Nikki feels her eyes getting heavier and heavier before she drifts off to sleep herself cuddled up to Poppy who is also fast asleep in her mother's arms.

Around 6 am Nikki is woken by Jack shaking her shoulder gently. "Nikki, Nik, wake up." Nikki mumbles to herself as she stretches out and look up at Jack and then down at Poppy who is cuddled into her side. "I see you gave in" Jack smirks causing Nikki to roll her eyes at him.
"She went out like a light once I lay with her, my tiredness got the better of me" Nikki smiles as she untangles herself from Poppy and gets out of bed, and goes to prepare herself for the days events.