Paddling Pool

Later on that day Jack still hasn't said a word to Nikki since their disagreement earlier, although Nikki has enjoyed her quality time with just herself, Poppy and Maddison, it's rare she gets time like this alone with them due to her work life. 
Jack on the other hand as stopped indoors and decided to sort some photos and notes out for different cases he is working on. 

In the garden, Maddison is now putting her new water toys in the paddling pool and making them splash around which highly amuses her. Poppy, on the other hand, has been playing in the paddling pool and is starting to get annoyed by Maddison splashing her. "Mummy, tell her to stop it?" Poppy yells as she splashes Maddison. 

"Poppy, just leave it, she is having fun" Nikki replies as she glances at them as she is busy trying to remove weeds from a couple of plant pots. 
Poppy huffs dramatically and gets out the Paddling pool and takes her hat off just to annoy Nikki, she then walks over to Maddison who is shouting 'Dada' at the water shark she has in her hand. 

Poppy puts her hands on her hips and watches Maddison as she leans over into the paddling pool to grab her other toy, as she does that Poppy shoves her back causing Maddison to topple into the paddling pool, face first. 
Nikki hears the splash and looks up to see Poppy standing over the paddling pool and Maddison in it. Nikki scrambles to her feet and runs across the garden and drags Maddison out of the paddling pool. 

Maddison gasps for air and instantly starts crying hysterically as she clings to her mother, Nikki holds Maddison close and gently soothes her as she watches Poppy dash to the bottom of the garden and hides behind the tree. 
"It's okay darling, Mummy has got you" She soothes Maddison, she wipes Maddison's face dry with her top and before placing Maddison down in her playpen on the patio. 

Nikki walks down the garden and stops a few steps away from the tree. "Poppy, that wasn't kind was it, you need to remember Maddie is only little and she doesn't understand yet that her splashing you was upsetting you, but pushing her into the pool was naughty, Maddie is only a baby still, you must look out for your little sister" Nikki sighs as she crouches down to Poppy's level.
Poppy looks at her Mum before refusing to cooperate and continues to her her face while standing behind the tree. "You need to help her learn right from wrong Pops," Nikki adds. 

"That's your job Mummy!" Poppy yells as she starts to get wound up.
"Poppy! Come on you need to be nice, use your kind hands as they told you at nursery, if you can't be nice then you will have to go inside," Nikki responds but Poppy instantly bobs her tongue out at her Mum. 

"Are you going to apologize to Maddison, Poppy?" Nikki quizzes. 
"Never!" Poppy yells as she spits at her. 

Nikki stands up and grabs hold of Poppy's hand, "Right if you can't be nice you will have four minutes in time out!" Nikki says in a stern tone as she walks her across the garden towards the house. Poppy instantly starts to kick up a fuss and makes things harder for Nikki to get her in the house. 

She eventually gets her into the house and sits her down on one of the square tiles in the kitchen, She crouches down to Poppy's eye level and looks at her, "I'm going to put four minutes on the timer, you need to think about your actions. You are here because you spat at Mummy and also pushed Maddie in the pool!" Nikki speaks as she gets up and turns around to set the timer on the oven and then gets herself a drink out of the fridge. 

Nikki heads back outside to check on Maddison who is sat in her playpen. After Poppy's four minutes are up in time out Nikki heads back into the kitchen to see Poppy in the spot she was left in. "So have you thought about your actions?" Nikki asks. 
Poppy folds her arms before frowning at Nikki, she bobs her tongue out and refuses to respond. "Poppy? Do you want to come out of time out?" Nikki asks but Poppy tries to move away by getting to her feet, "Poppy back here!" Nikki says as she grabs her and pulls her back down to the floor. 

Poppy instantly kicks off again and starts to scream and cry at Nikki, with the commotion Jack comes down from the office and watches Nikki deal with Poppy.  "Poppy? look at me when I am talking to you, do you understand why you were put here!" Nikki asks keeping her tone calm. 

Poppy launches sideways to try and dodge Nikki although Nikki puts her arm out and stops her, Poppy instantly bites Nikki's arm in frustration causing Nikki to gasps and Poppy to stop dead. Jack watches this unravel before stepping in. "Poppy! that was naughty!" Jack says in a raised tone causing Poppy to jump as Nikki stands up and steps back looking at the imprint of teeth her daughter has left on her arm. 
"Come with me, you are going to sit on the naughty step!" Jack says as he stands her up and marches her through to the staircase, while Poppy yells and screams at him in frustration. Jack walks back through to Nikki and checks up on her arm and finds out what's happened.