Debating

Two hours later the midwife has visited them and given the baby, the all-clear after checking her and Nikki over the midwife has given them the all-clear to stay at home and rest. Nikki has just showered and has headed back downstairs to see Jack with their newborn daughter lay against his chest. She smiles as she walks in the tips of her hair still damp, "She needs a name" She mumbles as she sits beside Jack and kisses his shoulder.

"Hmm, she does" Jack mumbles happily.
"I don't know what to call her, Sadly I only ever had a boys name in mind" She responds, although she knew from early on that Nikki was having a girl she never really thought of a name for her.

Jack runs his hand on her daughter's back and sighs, "Okay well what about naming her after you Mum?" Jack questions curiously.
"No Jack, I'm not naming our daughter Carol in this day and age!" Nikki chuckles burying her head into his shoulder.

"Okay... well what about Ava?" He questions again.
"It's too common, there is four 'Ava's' in Poppy's school class" Nikki chuckles as she rests her head on his shoulder and admires how even smaller her daughter looks on Jack's muscular chest.

"Olivia?" He suggests.
"Are you just saying any random name?" She chuckles.
Jack smirks and shakes his head, "No you're just being fussy!" He jokes and watches as Nikki rolls her eyes at him. "Okay... what about... Lana?" He asks.
"No, do you want her to be known as Lana the Lama?" She quizzes.

He rolls his eyes at her "Know you're overthinking things!... okay what names do you suggest?"

Nikki sighs and runs her hand over her daughter's tiny clenched fist. "What about Victoria or Samantha?" Nikki asks.
"Big fat no... both my ex's," He responds and Nikki sits up and looks at him, "I'm telling you nothing, you will get jealous... anyway they both ended in tears and ended in the 90's" Jack explains already seeing the jealousy on Nikki's face.

"Okay... how about... and I mean this one because I think she looks like it... how about Freya?" She questions.

There is a silence between Jack and Nikki for a moment while Jack thinks to himself, It a name he had rarely heard recently, and luckily he had never dated anyone called Freya in his teenage years. He then looks down at her as she snoozes peacefully on his chest, "Hmm, I like it... Freya Hodgson" Jack smirks and then Nikki kisses him on the lips as approval.

"Our Freya" Nikki sighs contently as she then repositions herself keeping her head on his shoulder. "Freya Rose Hodgson?"
"Perfection" Jack responds. Nikki soon falls silent, Jack turns his head to see Nikki asleep resting against his shoulder. He smiles happily and decides to close his eyes for a while to catch up on lost sleep from the night as Nikki had been pacing all that night disturbing his sleep.

An hour later Jack wakes to Nikki sat watching Freya who is now in her Moses basket which Nikki has brought down from their room. "Hey" Nikki smiles as she picks up her cup of tea and sips it. "The girls are coming back now, your Dad has a hospital appointment. Your Dad said that he can have them again later but I said we should cope" Nikki explains.

Jack stretches and nods with a yawn, "Don't overdo it will you Nik? you heard the midwife," Jack speaks softly as he sits up properly and looks over at Freya.
"Promise you I won't" She grins as she places her hand on her now empty bump which has started to feel slightly soft.