The Mop Bucket

3 am, Nikki has been pacing the bedroom for the past twenty minutes, another strong contraction had woken Nikki from her sleep, she had been downstairs and made herself a cup of tea and a hot water bottle. Nikki has also checked on both girls who as fast asleep. Nikki comes back into the bedroom and clambers back into bed and spoons Jack.

With the movement, Nikki causes when getting on the bed it stirs Jack, "What the hell are you doing up at this time?" He mumbles as he rolls to face her.
"Baby has been moving, sat on my bladder although It's moved, her head is defiantly facing down now..." She mumbles.

Jack smiles as he moves his hand to her hip, "That's a good thing then?" He smiles and kisses her cheek.
"I'm sure she's back to back with me," Nikki replies as she rubs her bump and sighs.
"How do you know that?" He questions curiously as he lets out a yawn.
"I'm a doctor..." She simply responds before trying to get down to sleep.

It's half eight in the morning now, Nikki has been awake for the last ten minutes with another strong contraction which has gotten closer to the previous contraction but with no sign of her waters breaking yet. Nikki slowly walks down the stairs to hear Jack in the kitchen with Poppy and Maddison, she smiles warmly as she hears Poppy let out a shriek of laughter at Jack.

Nikki waddles into the kitchen and smiles at Jack who is busy making pancakes for himself and the girls, "Morning gorgeous" He smiles as he walks over to her and places a kiss on her forehead.

"Mummy! Daddy is making our heart-shaped pancakes," Poppy grins as she eats another strawberry which is meant to be for her topping.
"Yes, and they're failing" Jack chuckles as he also eats a slice of banana and passes Maddison a blackberry to eat.

Poppy giggles as she swings her legs as she sits on the work surface and watches her Dad, "Daddy can't make them like Mummy does, can you make me some? Daddy is rubbish?" She grins at her mother as Jack makes a pretend wounded action causing more laughter from the four-year-old.

"No darling" Nikki speaks as she grabs herself a glass of orange juice.
"Why? But your pancakes are the best!" She sighs as she eats another blackberry from the punnet.
"I feel very sick darling; I promise you I will make you some soon though" She speaks as she gently sips her orange juice.

Poppy gasps and looks at Jack, "Daddy we need to get the sick bucket!" Poppy speaks with a smile, Jack smirks as he removes the pan and places a freshly made heart-shaped pancake on Maddison's plate and carefully breaks it up. Jack quickly grabs the 'sick bucket' from under the sink and passes it to Nikki with a smirk.

"In your condition, you're not running to the toilet are you" He smirks.
Nikki rolls her eyes and takes the bucket from Jack before walking off to the lounge with her cup of orange juice.

Later on, Jack is busy cleaning up Maddison after breakfast, and Poppy skips off into the lounge to check on her Mum who has Milly the cat curled up beside her, "Mummy? How are you feeling?" Poppy questions curiously as she stands beside the sofa.

Nikki smiles at her eldest daughter, "I'm fine darling" Nikki responds.
Jack walks into the lounge and places Maddison down beside the toy box, "Are you sure you are okay? You seem very pale... sure you don't want to go to the hospital yet?" Jack quizzes.

Nikki heaves and speaks, "No don't say that," She mumbles as she heaves again. Jack raises an eyebrow, with that Nikki grabs the bucket and heaves again knowing full well she's going to be sick. Jack sees the panic on her face and comes to her side and gently rubs her back as she is finally sick into the bucket.

Poppy jumps to her feet and rushes over to her Mum and then climbs on the sofa and rubs her back too, "Poppy it's okay, I'm looking after Mummy, why don't you go play?" Jack suggests. Poppy sighs as Nikki sits up, and wipes her mouth with the back of her hand, Poppy instantly jumps off the sofa and grabs the box of tissues from the coffee table and passes Nikki a tissue. "Thank you, Poppy, that was very kind of you."

Soon Jack takes care of the bucket of sick and allows Nikki to rest of the sofa when he comes back into the lounge with the bucket after washing it out and making Nikki a glass of water he finds Nikki asleep under a blanket with Maddison curled up at her feet with Milly the cat and Poppy sat beside Nikki, just about fitting on the sofa with the size of Nikki's bump. He smiles warmly before getting his phone from above the fireplace and taking a photo of Nikki and the girls before sending it to the Lyell group chat.

Instantly Jack's phone pins to life with replies from Clarissa and Thomas:

Clarissa Mullery
What's going on there? X

Thomas Chamberlain
Looking very cozy in the Hodgson household.

Jack Hodgson
Girls and the cat just curled up with Nikki after her vomiting session.

Clarissa Mullery
I thought her morning sickness had stopped?

Jack Hodgson
Yes, but this is different. Nikki won't admit it but she's in early stages of labour, been off since yesterday morning. Contractions started this morning.

Jack looks up at Nikki as she moves slightly causing Poppy to sit up and look at Jack, his heart melts as Poppy kisses Nikki's cheek as she lies there, Poppy gets up and then walks over to her toys and sits down and begins to play with her baby born.

Thomas Chamberlain
That's good news, Rosie told me to tell you that baby Hodgson needs to be given its eviction notice.

Clarissa Mullery
Yes, Max and I agree. Almost two weeks overdue.

Thomas Chamberlain
Needs to hurry up and arrive, I need my best pathologist back soon.

Jack Hodgson
Well if I know Nikki, we may have a baby but this evening or early tomorrow morning.

Clarissa Mullery
Yes! I want baby cuddles ASAP! You hear me, Hodgson!

Jack smiles at her last reply and then puts his phone down and heads back into the kitchen for clean-up from breakfast.