Prospectus

Later that morning Nikki has sat on the sofa with her laptop on her lap and Milly the cat curled up beside her. Poppy and Maddison are playing in the playroom while Freya is sat on the floor of the lounge playing on her sensory mat.
Jack comes in with a cup of tea for Nikki and sits down beside Nikki, "Put that away, the possible new nanny will be here soon," Jack speaks causing Nikki to roll her eyes.

"Give me a moment, I have some results back from another case" Nikki mumbles as she bites her thumb waiting for the screen to load.
"Stop doing that, it's annoying" Jack speaks and Nikki huffs and stops biting her thumb.

Soon the front doorbell goes and Jack gets up as Poppy also dashes to the door with him, "Hi you must be Gemma" Jack smiles as a woman who is not much younger than Nikki is stood before him, smartly dressed with shoulder-length brown hair.

"Hi, yes it is, great to finally meet you Mr Hodgson" She smiles as she notices a young girl hiding behind his legs, she looks down at smiles at Poppy who instantly dashes back off into the playroom.

Jack shows Gemma back through to the lounge where Nikki is just putting her laptop away, "Nikki this is Gemma, Gemma this is my wife Nikki," Jack smiles.

Nikki steps forwards and shakes Gemma's hand, "Hiya, lovely to finally meet you" Nikki smiles. "Shall we make a start? please sit down" Nikki adds as she sits back down on the sofa.

Gemma sits down and gets all her paperwork out for Nikki and Jack including her DBS, Parent handbook with her terms and conditions in and also most of her references, "Oh you have come prepared" Nikki smiles happily as the couple begin to read through the infomation she has brought with her. "... These are brilliant, I see you previously looked after six children in Hammersmith, can I ask why you left this position?" Nikki quizzes.

"The youngest child turned thirteen and they no longer needed my service, I spent nine years with my last family," Gemma smiles.
"Oh good... I'm not sure if you are aware but Nikki is almost five months pregnant, we already have three girls, we will introduce you to them soon," Jack smiles.
"That's fine if you read on page four I have training in babies all the way up to late primary school age, I also see you require some standard of sign language, I am fully trained in sign language" Gemma smiles.

Jack smiles happily as he watches Nikki scoop Freya up off the floor, "This is Freya, our youngest, she is almost 70% deaf in both ears at the moment, she's currently six months old but she will be having potential corrective sugergy to try and restore some of her hearing when she's five-years-old." Nikki explains.

Jack then gets up and goes and gets Poppy and Maddison so they can meet Gemma, "So do you know what you are having Mrs Hodgson?" Gemma asks.
"Yes another girl," Nikki smiles happily.
"That's lovely," Gemma smiles as her attention is drawn to the two young girls walking into the room hand in hand followed by Jack.

Gemma smiles at the two young girls, "This is Poppy our eldest and Maddison," Jack smiles as he pushes Poppy forwards a little.
"Hey girls, I'm Gemma, I love your plaits Poppy" Gemma smiles trying to make the five-year-old feel comfortable.
"Mummy did them" She mumbles.
"Poppy speak up," Nikki says and Poppy nods timidly.

"I bet you're not shy are you Poppy?" Gemma smiles and Poppy smiles back. "So how old are you and Maddison?"

Poppy looks at Maddison and then at her Mum who gives Poppy and encouraging smile, "Maddie is one and I am five" Poppy smiles.

"Five, wow, you look older, I bet you're a good big sister" Gemma smiles enthusiastically.

Jack and Nikki exchange a look before nodding to each other, "Okay, we're going to leave you with the girls for an hour see how you get on, we will just be in the kitchen if you need us" Jack smiles as Nikki gets up and kisses Freya on the bed before passing her over to Gemma. Jack and Nikki then leave and head into the kitchen to sort out the contracts and payments for Gemma if the girls get on with her.