Uncomfortable Pressure

Later that day it was soon time for the pair to pick up their children from school and nursery, on a short car journey to the school Jack couldn't help but notice Nikki rubbing her bump more and shifting slightly in discomfort. To save an argument he decides not to question her about it.

Arriving at the school he gets out of the car and waits for Nikki as she slowly moves out of the car, Jack locks the car and walks to her side. As they walk side by side he grabs hold of her hand as they walk and smiles softly at her briefly. They head into the playground and stand where they can be noticed by their children when they finally leave school for the day.

As they stand there, Jack feels Nikki's grip tighten around his hand, "Are you okay?" Jack speaks as he steps closer to her.
"Hmm, yeah. Slightly uncomfortable, pressure..." She responds.

Jack raises an eyebrow of course he knew what the pressure meant he isn't stupid. Before he could say anything Nikki had turned to face him and buried her face into his chest, "Nik?" He mumbles.
Receiving no response, he places his hands on her lower back, her bump now pushing into him. Gently he begins to rub her back and hopefully relive some of the pressure.
"Can you give your Mum a call..." She mumbles pulling away from his chest and looking up at him. His heart suddenly began to pound loudly in his chest, "I don't think I'm going to make it until this evening."

He simply nods despite the panic taking over his body now, "Do you want to go wait in the car?" Jack quizzes.

Nikki shakes her head and moves away from him again but Jack pulls her back into his chest, turning her around he rests his hands on her bump and chin on her shoulders. "I'm excited..." He whispers against her ear.

She smirks and rolls her eyes, but a soft smile appears on her face as she feels him holding her bump taking a little bit of weight with it. She couldn't help break a smile knowing she is carrying his son that he doesn't know about, Nikki had managed to keep it a secret all this time allowing Jack to believe she is having another girl.

Soon the school bell rings and outruns Poppy first, she spots both her parents and the smile on her face beams even brighter than before. "Mummy!" Poppy beams as she dashes to her mother and wraps her arms around her and grins up.
"Hey sweetie, good day?" Nikki smiles putting on a brave face.
"Yes! It was good... did you speak to Jessica's Mummy?" Poppy quizzes.

Nikki shakes her head and watches as Maddison also joins the three before noticing Freya also making her way over to them, "Is her Mum here?" Nikki asks the eight-year-old. Poppy nods and points over at the woman with a fair-haired girl who is obviously Jessica.

Nikki tells Jack to go collect Orla from the nursery side of the school and then heads over to Jessica's Mum, they swap contact details and continue to chat about the party. "...How long you got left?" Gwen, Poppy's Mum smiles as she indicates Nikki's bump.

"Ha... I'm due tomorrow... got to keep myself busy before this little one comes along," Nikki chuckles.
"Gosh, you're brave. No sign yet?" Gwen smiles.
"Oh plenty of signs, I keep getting random contractions every couple of hours... I've done this four times before. Wasn't expecting this to happen," Nikki smiles and cups her bump.

"I have four too, you are braving having a fifth... Jess is my only girl, I have three older boys all in secondary school; George, Henry, Louis, and my little Jess..." Gwen smiles.

"Lovely names, Poppy is my eldest..." Nikki begins as she trails off talking about her daughters as Jack re-joins them holding Orla. "... Jack... this is Gwen, Jessica's Mum... Gwen this is my husband Jack... anyway we better get going." Nikki smiles as she watches Gwen and Jack acknowledge each other. They then head their separate ways, Nikki and Jack head to the car and secure the girls in before heading home.

Later that evening Nikki is sitting on the sofa while Jack puts the three younger children down to sleep and leaves Poppy reading books in her bed. They had eaten earlier but Jack had noticed Nikki eating less suddenly, this was one thing he had picked up on after seeing three of his four daughters being born.

Jack comes back downstairs and smiles happily at his wife as he steps around the sofa and sits beside her. "Contractions are getting closer, every ten minutes..." She announces.
"What do you want to do?" Jack quizzes.
"I'm not sure, they may send me away right now, But I fear I may not make it to the hospital if my waters break," Nikki responds.

Jack sighs and places his hand on her thigh, "Hit and miss, How about we just wait for a while."