Parent's Evening

Nikki has just arrived at Poppy's school ready for parents evening, she pulls the mirror visor down and looks in the mirror at herself as she reapplies some makeup before putting it away in her handbag and getting out the car, she opens the back door and unstraps Maddison from her car seat before putting her against her hip and closing the door before heading around the car and grabbing her handbag. 

She carries Maddison up the driveway to the school and walks into the reception area, she waits in a queue of two people. Maddison babbles away to Nikki while they wait, she has Nikki's work lanyard in her mouth despite Nikki pulling away many times. She gets to the front of the queue and waits for the receptionist to come off the phone. 
Then the receptionist turns back to Nikki and smiles at her, "Mrs. Hodgson, to see Poppy Hodgson's teacher," Nikki smiles happily as she adjusts Maddison on her hip. 

The receptionist smiles and nods before looking through a few lists, "Okay, Poppy's" She speaks and Nikki raises an eyebrow. 
"Yes, that's her name..." She speaks.
"No sorry, the room that your daughter is in Mrs. Hodgson is called Poppy's it's one of our primary nursery rooms" The receptionist smiles and Nikki laughs awkwardly before nodding and following the signs. 

She walks past a window and notices Poppy outside playing with her friends in the after school club, she smiles happily as she watches her for a second before walking down to the classroom. She takes a seat outside the room where other parents are sat, She sits Maddison on her lap who instantly wants to get down and walk around. She allows her to stand up on the floor and Maddison instantly smiles up at Nikki and lets go of her hands as she walks to the window and looks out of it, "Maddie?" Nikki says softly as Maddison squeals loudly and claps her hands noticing Poppy outside playing. 

Maddison walks back over to Nikki and squeals before babbling at her, "Mama! Mama!! Ma!... Pop... Pop!" Maddison babbles as she points over at the window. 
Nikki chuckles to herself with a smile, "Yes darling, Poppy is outside" Nikki smiles as she watches Maddison walk over to the window again. 

After a while Poppy's teacher comes out of the classroom and calls Nikki through, she collects her bag and the lifts Maddison up and carries her into the classroom. "Lovely to see you, Mrs. Hodgson, I'm Miss Munro," Poppy teacher smiles. 
"Hi..." Nikki smiles as she sits down on the chair opposite the teacher and sits Maddison on her lap and allows her to play with her car keys. 

"No Mr. Hodgson today?" Miss Munro asks. 
"No, sorry. He's got caught up at work" Nikki responds with a smile. 

Nikki moves slightly in the chair as the teacher begins to talk about Poppy, "Obviously as you will know we are happy to allow Poppy to move up to the reception stages in September, although Poppy has settled extremely well this year. I'm very proud of her progression as you can see from this chart we've kept on Poppy" Miss Munro smiles as she hands over a spreadsheet to Nikki. 

She reads it and smiles as she watches all areas suddenly climb, "This is amazing, she is very bright myself and her Dad have noticed this too" Nikki speaks as Maddison babbles along with her making the teacher chuckle. "So what have you been working on with her?" Nikki questions. 

"Well, this year we've been teaching them about the world around them, which includes a lot of stimulating play in our nature area of the school, as well as focusing friendship groups... Poppy has proven very popular amongst other children."

Nikki smiles happily as she adjusts Maddison on her lap and places the spreadsheet down on the table, "That's great, although she doesn't really talk about the children in her class at home, we do try and push these conversations onto her to find out who she is friends with but she tells us very little. Does Poppy push, pinch or bite during school hours?" Nikki responds. 

Miss Munro sits forwards with a smile, "Gosh no, we would have contacted you if any of this happened, is there a concern?" Miss Munro quizzes. 
"We've had a few incidents at home, including pushing her sister and pinching her if she gets hold of her toys. Poppy also has bitten me when asking her why she was put in time out" Nikki explains and the teacher looks at her completely shocked. 

"I have never had an issue with Poppy pinching and so forth but I will keep an eye on her to see if we notice anything unusual about Poppy, although the class was asked about family the other day and Poppy kept talking about a random child in which she proceeded to draw," Miss Munro speaks. 
"Ah.. okay" Nikki speaks a little confused. 
"She kept calling her a name, I think it was either Faith of Freya?" Miss Munro replies with a smile.

"Oh right, okay..." Nikki chuckles.
"Do you know anyone with this name? our teaching assistant Miss George thought it could have been a cousin?" She questions and Nikki shakes her head. 

She thinks to herself before remembering the meal after the wedding a couple of weeks back. "Actually, I think I can answer that one" Nikki begins and the teacher raises an eyebrow. "I'm pregnant, we told Poppy a few weeks ago," She adds. 

"Ah, that would make sense, do you think this is the reason behind her behaviour at home?" She asks. 
"Well she was off when we told her about me being pregnant with Maddison a while ago" Nikki explains. They continue to talk about Poppy and her progression before the end of the meeting. Miss Munro gives Nikki a few things before seeing her out of the classroom.