Agitated

A few days later Nikki has the day off, which she decides to spend with the girls. Nikki brings Freya and Maddison downstairs after waking them both moments before, Poppy also follows Nikki down the stairs all four of them still in their pyjamas. "Morning" Jack smiles as he looks up from his phone, he gets up and walks over to Nikki and kisses her on the cheek, "You shouldn't be carrying them both" Jack mumbles against her cheek as he takes Freya from her hip.

"You try getting Maddison to walk down the stairs in the morning, all she wants to do is cling from me... like so," Nikki huffs as she attempts to sit Maddison down in her booster chair for the kitchen table, instantly Maddison starts to whine and go rigid, she cries out and keeps fighting Nikki. Nikki looks up at Jack hoping for some assistance although he is preoccupied with Freya and Poppy. "Maddison... just sit down!" Nikki speaks in a stern tone.

"No! No! No!" Maddison cries as she continues to put up a fight against her mother.
Soon, Josephine walks into her kitchen and looks at the couple, "Need a hand, Nicola?" She questions.

"I'm fine!" Nikki huffs as she finally gets Maddison into the booster chair at the table.
"You don't look fine," Josephine responds as she watches Nikki place the tray on the booster and leave Maddison crying loudly.
"I'm fine okay, just let me deal with Maddison..." Nikki snaps as she snaps her head up at Josephine and glares at her.

Jack looks at Nikki in shock, "Nikki calm down..." Jack speaks.
"Poor mite looks hungry, here let me make them breakfast for you" Josephine smiles as she walks to the refrigerator.
"No, No, stop right there, I know my own children, yes she is hungry, like the rest of them, and Yes I will sort it, she is always like this in a morning, so don't get questioning my parenting!" Nikki almost shouts.

"Nik calm down... please" Jack speaks as he continues to hold Freya and helps Poppy up onto the kitchen chair.
Nikki rolls her eyes at Jack and then walks over to where Josephine is and continues to make the girls their breakfasts. "Nik, a word... in private" Jack speaks as he nods towards the door. Nikki huffs and puts the milk down before following Jack out into the hallway and through to the lounge.

"What?" Nikki questions crossing her arms and glaring at Jack.
Jack glances back through the door to make sure his Mum isn't listening in before responding to her in a hushed tone. "You really need to stop stressing out, you are not doing yourself or the baby any favours... please just take a step back and accept Ma's help" Jack speaks.

Nikki raises an eyebrow at him and huffs, "Fine... but I'm overseeing what she fills my children full of. And I want to deal with Maddison in a morning," She responds
"Nik, you need to give Maddison some independence too... she clings to you most days, guarantee you will walk back in there and Maddison will want your undivided attention," He sighs as he tries to take hold of her hand but she snatches it away.

"She's almost two Jack... Poppy went through it too" Nikki responds.
"Nikki it's different then, we didn't have Maddison or Freya back then... it was just us two and Poppy she got out undivided attention, but we have to think about Maddie and Freya too now, but just remember we learnt from our mistakes with Poppy, and I think we made that mistake with Poppy giving her all the attention," Jack replies.

"Okay, if you think we shouldn't make a fuss over her then let her be independent as of today" Nikki responds looking Jack dead in the eyes.
Jack just sighs at her and decides to let Nikki have her own way as he knows it will end up in an argument. They then both walk back into the kitchen and Nikki makes the girls breakfast despite being told not too by Jack.