Day Out

Just after lunchtime Nikki prepares the girls for a walk to the local park, she gets Freya into her pushchair with a light cardigan on and her comforter, before putting another light cardigan on Poppy and Maddison, she attaches the Harness and Reins to her, "Mama Fox!" Maddison giggles as she claps her hands and stamps her feet at the Fox patterned harness.

Nikki smiles happily as she looks at Maddison who is examining the harness. "Mummy why does Maddie have to wear that," Poppy quizzes as Nikki helps her get her trainers on.
"So Maddie doesn't run away or into the road," Nikki responds.

Poppy gasps in shock and shakes her head at Maddison, "That's naughty, I don't run off do I Mummy?" Poppy smiles proudly.
"No sweetheart, but you used to wear them when you were Maddie's age, you ran off from Daddy and I and almost got hit by a car, Daddy chased after you but you thought it was a game," Nikki replies remembering that heart-stopping moment a two-year-old Poppy ran into the middle of the road.

Poppy gasps in shock, "I was naughty!""Yes but you didn't understand back then, but now you know don't you," Nikki smiles.

Poppy nods and watches her Mum get Maddison and Freya ready to go out, she gets the things she will need together including snacks, drinks, changing bag and raincoats for the girls and puts them underneath the pushchair and attaches her handbag and nappy bag to a safety clip on the pushchair.

She makes sure the house is locked up and then heads out with the three girls and takes a steady walk with them to the park, As soon as they get to the park Nikki heads over to an empty bench and looks at Poppy who is eager to make a dash for the swing that is empty. "Girls listen to me, you mustn't go any further than the dirt track and don't talk to strangers do you hear me?" Nikki warns. Poppy nods and Nikki looks at Maddison, "Maddie stay with Poppy please," Nikki adds.

Poppy takes Maddison by the hand and leads her off to the inclosed large park. Nikki sits herself down on the bench and watches Poppy and Maddison head in direction of the swings she glances down at Freya who is sat playing with her dummy.

She sits watching the girls play never taking her eyes off them for one moment, Soon Maddison comes running back to Nikki and clambers up onto the bench beside her, "Mama, drink," Maddison says. "Please" She adds scrunching her face up showing Nikki her teeth.

Nikki chuckles and gets a small bottle of squash out of the nappy bag and taking the lid off before handing it to Maddison. Maddison moves closes to Nikki and makes Nikki put her arm around her, "Are you okay Maddie?" Nikki asks and Maddison just nods and begins to stroke her own nose as she drinks the juice.

Nikki smirks at Maddison and sits quietly with her before lifting Freya out the pushchair, "Mads shall we take Freya on the swing?" Nikki questions.
"Yes!" Maddison giggles cheerfully as she passes the bottle of juice back to Nikki who places it in the pushchair.

Maddison runs over to the empty baby swing and stands beside it waiting for her mother to join her, Nikki places Freya against her hip and kicks the break off the pushchair before walking over to the swing and putting the break back on.

She sits Freya in the swing before placing her own jacket behind her back to hold her in better. "Me too Mama!" Maddison giggles lifting her arms up.

Nikki smirks and then lifts Maddison into the swing beside Freya and begins to push both the girls carefully while keeping an eye on Poppy who is going down the slide multiple times. Soon Nikki notices someone in the distance of the park looking over in her direction, she ignores the person and keeps her focus on the girls.

Poppy comes back over to Nikki and sits in the pushchair while sipping her bottle of juice. "You're a little bit too big for that pushchair don't you think sweetheart?" Nikki smirks before pulling her phone out and taking a photo of Poppy.

"Can I send Daddy a picture?" Poppy quizzes with a cheeky grin.
"Of What?" She asks her eldest.
"Me!" Poppy giggles.

Nikki thinks to herself for a moment, "Let's send him a photo of all of us. Make him jealous," Nikki smirks and Poppy nods enthusiastically.
She lifts Maddison and Freya out the swings before talking them to the bench where she pulls Freya onto her lap and Makes Maddison stand beside her on the bench, she snaps a photo with her three daughters before putting her phone safely. "Will daddy like it?" Poppy asks.

"Of course he will sweetie," Nikki smiles softly as she kisses Poppy on the cheek.
She gets a few healthy snacks out for Poppy, Maddison, and Freya, "What would you like Poppy, Carrot sticks or cucumber sticks?" Nikki asks as she gets some small Tupperware out of the changing bag.

"Cockcumber please," She giggles cheerfully.
Nikki smirks and rolls her eyes slightly before taking the lid off and handing Poppy the contents. Nikki looks up after giving Freya a small baby biscuit, she looks across at the person walking in the direction of her and the girls. She double takes and instantly her face goes white, "What the hell," She speaks nervously.
"Hello Niks," The person smiles as he gets close to her.
"No... you can't be here..."