A visitor

Nikki steps forwards and looks inside Poppy's small playhouse to see the bundle of blankets she's snook out the house including the spotty blanket from earlier. "It's just a pile of blankets Poppy," Nikki speaks.
"Shh, it's sleeping!" Poppy speaks her eyes wide.
"Poppy, why are all your blankets for your dolls out here?" She questions and that is when Poppy pulls back one of the blankets.

Nikki's eyes widen as she sees a small black and white cat curled up asleep in the bundle of blankets, with a bowl of water in front of it which is, in fact, Poppy's barbie doll bath and a salmon sandwich beside which looks half nibbled. Nikki gently touches the cat which sits up and stretches before meowing at Nikki. "Poppy, where did you find it?" Nikki questions.

"She was in the bushes, crying Mummy, I had to help her!" Poppy exclaims.
Nikki's heart melts at her daughter's response. "Why was she crying... how long has she been in here?" Nikki asks.
"I don't know her leg was sore... she been in here two days..." Poppy replies as she watches her Mum gently scoop up the young cat and examine her leg.
"We better take her inside," Nikki speaks as she goes to crawl out the playhouse.

Poppy dives in front of Nikki and shakes her head, "No, No Daddy will be cross!" Poppy speaks as she starts to get wound up.
"No darling, Daddy won't be cross he will want to help her too, don't worry, now come on let's go show Daddy and Maddie and see if we can find her owner" Nikki smiles as she manages to convince her eldest to allow her to take the possibly injured cat indoors.

Poppy follows her Mum but is worried about what Jack will say to her because of her hiding the cat. Nikki walks into the kitchen from the garden to see Jack cleaning Maddison up after her lunch, "What's taken you so long? Poppy hasn't wet herself again has she?" Jack questions as he lifts Maddison from the highchair.

"Hey! I'm a big girl, only babies do that" Poppy protests.
Jack turns around to see Nikki with a blanket in her arms, she smiles happily at him and walks forward, "Poppy, has found this little lady and has been keeping her in the playhouse" Nikki smiles as she moves the blankets.

Jack looks at the bundle in Nikki's arm to see the young cat in her arms, "Aww cute, Where did you find her Pops?" Jack smiles as he strokes her cat's head but the tiny cat hisses at him. "Jesus Christ it's vicious" Jack speaks as he steps away with Maddison against his hip.

Nikki walks through to the lounge and Poppy follows her, "Where are you taking it?" Jack asks.
"To check her over" Nikki speaks.
"You're a doctor not a vet, Nik..." He speaks as he follows her and then places Maddison down. Nikki glares at Jack as she sits down, and checks the young cat over.

Poppy sits beside Nikki and stroke the cat which begins to purr, "Mummy can we give her a name and keep her?" Poppy questions looking at both her parents.
Nikki sighs as smiles as she allows the cat to sit on her lap, "I'm sorry baby she might belong to someone and have a family," Nikki speaks.

Although the four-year-old doesn't understand, "No Mummy, She came to me! She let me cuddle her see!" Poppy speaks as she leans forwards and gives the young cat a cuddle.

Nikki sighs as she watches her daughter knowing full well they won't be able to keep it, "Okay, well she looks like she has a tiny cut on her leg and it will need to be treated, but the vets aren't open on weekends, So we shall look after her until tomorrow and then we will take her to the vets" Nikki smiles.

Poppy continues to stroke the cat which doesn't seem bothered by Poppy stroking it and Maddison attempting to poke its ear. "Maddie careful sweetheart" Jack speaks as he decides to sit down beside Nikki, instantly the cat kisses at Jack which makes Nikki chuckle.

Later on that day Nikki and Jack are locking up ready to go to bed, Jack had earlier been out to the shop to get a few things for the cat for overnight. Nikki has left the cat downstairs with plenty of water and food and a few blankets for it to lie on, she has just come upstairs and can hear the young cat crying from downstairs.
"I feel bad" Nikki speaks as she climbs in the bed beside Jack.
"She'll be fine, she will settle. Why does something tell me you're more attached to this cat than Poppy is?" Jack asks.
"I feel sorry for her, she's sweet and I hope we find her owners" Nikki replies.

Jack lies down and pulls her covers up to his shoulders before looking at her, "don't worry too much, now I deserve some cuddles for putting up with that cat, Cla'hissa," Jack smirks as he strokes her bump.
"Are you insinuating something?" She replies as she turns the lamp off and lies down beside Jack.

Half an hour later the cat is still crying for attention and Nikki feels really bad so goes downstairs to check on the young cat. She goes into the lounge where the cat is and it instantly starts purring and brushing herself up Nikki. "Hey, why are you crying?" She speaks as she scoops it up, she wonders if this is the closest attention she had been given in a while making Nikki wonder if she had been kicked out.

She couldn't believe herself but she was starting to fall for this tiny black and white cat. She carefully scoops her up and carries her upstairs leaving the lounge door open for her. She heads back into the bedroom to see Jack lying down with his eyes open, "Why have you got that?" He asks as she places the cat down on the bed.
"I couldn't bare to listen to her cry, anyway it's just one night, she'll hopefully be reunited with her owners tomorrow" Nikki smiles as she climbs back into bed and the cat instantly curls up close to Nikki's bump.

Jack gives the cat a funny look and it instantly hisses at him and swipes her paw, Nikki chuckles as she gently fusses the cat as Jack shuffles across the bed awkwardly.