Heartburn

It's the first week of the school summer holidays making Nikki now twenty-three weeks pregnant, they are still yet to tell Poppy the gender of the baby but have a plan to reveal it to her soon. Although it's the first week of the summer holidays Poppy is now in the summer club due to Jack and Nikki both working long shifts, Maddison, on the other hand, has officially started at nursery full time. 

Nikki has been working all morning on post-mortems and is finally down to her last scheduled post-mortem, she looks up at Thomas as she takes notes with her dictaphone. "...whatever the weapon was it has penetrated the pleural cavity here, this would most definitely because of death..." She explains as she walks around the body and examines it further.  

She steps back from the body for a brief second causing Thomas to look up at her, "Everything okay?" He asks noticing Nikki holding her back of her hand to her mouth. 
Nikki puts her dictaphone down and rests her hand under her bump. "Do you want me to get Jack?" Thomas adds worriedly to his colleague who hasn't said anything. 

Nikki swallows hard and looks at Thomas, "Sorry, the baby has been giving me terrible reflux, and I have just now developed morning sickness" She explains as she steps forward again and continues to continue what she was doing. 

Meanwhile, Jack is sat in the lab awaiting the tox results back on the woman Nikki is working on in the cutting room. Suddenly the phone rings on their joining desks and he picks it up noticing it's from reception. "Yeah... okay... erm, I shall have to check with Dr. Alexander, but send them up..." Jack speaks before putting the phone down and jogging through to the meeting room and viewing gallery, he realizes the speakers aren't on so knocks the glass catching the attention of Nikki and Thomas. 

Thomas walks over to the speakers and presses the intercom, "What is it, Jack?" He asks. 
"Firstly, tox results are back on Darina Medows, clean for drugs and alcohol, also Nikki when you've got five you have a visitor" He speaks. 

Nikki looks up at Jack and raises an eyebrow, "I don't have anyone scheduled," She explains. "
"No, they want to identify a body apparently" He responds with a slight smile watching the confusion unravel across Nikki's face. 

Thomas looks up at Jack and then across at Nikki, "Go, I'll finish up, you need a break by the look of things," Thomas adds.
"I'm fine, I'm pregnant, not ill" Nikki responds. 
"Why... what's wrong?" Jack asks as he watches them. 
"It's nothing Jack, just heartburn and it would seem I've developed morning sickness again" She explains, Jack raises an eyebrow, he had been out the house early this morning doing the school and nursery run. 

Nikki manages to get them to believe her that she is fine and carries on finishing up her post-mortem, Jack heads back into the office and walks to the entrance to speak with the person who wants to identify a body.
"Hi, Jack Hodgson, I work here..." He smiles as he steps outside the door to speak with the woman who looks in her late sixties.  
"Hello, I need to Identify my Niece's body" She replies. 
"Okay, I shall get someone to come and speak with you regarding this. Who are you hear to identify."

The woman wipes her eyes with her tissue, "My niece, Nicola Rose Alexander..."