Fire Drill

"Has anyone seen Nikki... Dr Alexander has anyone seen her?" Jack calls out as he moves through the crowd of peoplewho have evacuated the building. Jack fianlly makes his way around the carpark and back to Clarissa, Thomas and Harry who have all been on the look out for Nikki. The fire marshall comes over to alert them to it being a false alarm but they aren't allowed back into the building until they can turn the alarms off.
"Nikki must be still inside, I'm going to find her, that bloody woman never listens" Jack huffs as he manages to sneak back into the empty building through an open fire escape.

He heads up to the first floor where the Lyell is and searches the offices and mortuary for Nikki before hearing noise come from the Chapel which is locked. He knocks the door and calls out, "Nikki? is that you?... have you managed to lock yourself in there again?" Jack chuckles as he knocks the door a few times.

The other side of the door Adam walks over to her pointing the gun at her chest still, "Get rid of him!" He mumbles.
Nikki panics and thinks on the spot, "Yeah. Silly of me really, don't worry I'll be fine."

"Nikki, it's a fire drill you know the code, get your ass down onto the carpark now! Also where is DI Robinson" Jack calls through the door.

Nikki looks at DI Robinson's body lay on the floor blood everywhere. "Be with you in a moment!" Nikki calls back.

Jack walks off down to the bottom of the corridor and then waits to see if she comes out the room, he hears the door unlock and then Nikki slowly stepping out, something isn't right. "Nik?" Jack speaks stepping round the corner, she is then pushes forwards by Adam and told to walk. "Hey what are you doing... Mr Fenton..." Jack calls as he follows them.

Adam turns and points the gun at Jack, "Don't follow us, Dr Alexander here is going to sign the release forms and give me my daughter... and if she doesn't I'll kill her..." He hisses.

"Jack!" Nikki panics as she looks at him and shakes her head indicating for him not to follow them, Adam then pushes Nikki forwards and pushes her towards the officers and makes her scan her ID badge to get them into the offices.

She walks in and he pushes her over to her desk and makes her get the papers out. Meanwhile Jack rings Thomas to alert him that Nikki is in danger and gets him to call the police before ending the call and going after Nikki.

He walks into the offices and stands looking at them, "Hey... you okay Nikki?" Jack smiles slightly noticing how panicked she looks.
"Don't... Don't talk to her!" Adam shouts.
"Please, let her go" Jack speaks calmly trying to talk Adam down.

Adam looks between Jack and Nikki before responding, "Why would you care if her brains ended up all over the wall?"

Nikki attempts to stop the tears from streaming down her face she doesn't want to die not today, not while she's pregnant, not on her wedding day. She looks at Jack and shakes her head but Jack responds, "She's my... she's my wife!"

Adam grabs Nikki's arm and pulls her to her feet from the chair, "Ahh, so... wouldn't it be a shame if you were to lose them both today..." Adam hisses with a smirk on his face as he pushes the gun against her bump.
"...Jack" Nikki panics the fear in her eyes obvious as the tears start to slip down her face.

"Don't talk! tell me now... is this your first? Your stupid wife wouldn't tell me earlier!" Adam snaps as he continues to push the gun against Nikki's bump.
"Nikki..." Jack mumbles.

Nikki panics and responds out of pure fear for hers and her baby's life, "No... no... she isn't."
"She?... a girl... you must be close to having it, right? So Jack, how about losing both your wife and child if she doesn't sign the my daughter over... Your other children would be sad to lose their Mummy wouldn't they. How many?" Adam questions which confuses Jack to why Adam is questioning Jack and Nikki to their family.

Suddenly Jack rememebers what Chloe's Mother had told them about how Chloe was their only child together and failed to conceive more times after Chloe. "...Three more," Nikki responds her voice shakey and the tears streaming down her face still.

"Oh Jack, you have been a busy boy haven't you."
"I'm sorry Jack," Nikki cries as she closes her eyes tightly thinking it's the end for her. "Jack I love you" She mumbles.

Jack thinks carefully and on his feet before using certain tactics to try and talk Adam down, which eventually start to work, with the talking down tactic working Adam grabs Nikki and pushes her away causing her to collide with a filing cabinate. "Put the gun down Adam..." Jack speaks as he watches Nikki out the corner of his eye who has managed to break her fall preventing the baby from getting harmed.

Adam steps forward with the gun in his hand, he looks back at Nikki who is wiping her face, he then turns back to Jack and smirks at him. Bang, Bang, Bang...