Pen lids

A few days later Nikki has still been acting off with Jack but he puts it down to his constant questioning of why she sacked the Nanny in the first place although he doesn't get much of a reply as she usually blows her head off at him. Nikki has just arrived at the Lyell with Freya and Maddison as she has planned to meet up with Jack for lunch, Nikki has also decided to take the girls inside and wait for him in there meaning she can also check the post that arrives for her at the Lyell.

Nikki walks into the Lyell with Freya in her arms and Maddison walking beside her with reins attached to her. As she scans her ID badge in and opens the door with her foot Maddison decides to throw herself down on the floor as her legs are tired. "Get up baby" Nikki speaks as she keeps the door open with her back now and looks at the one-year-old sat on the floor. Maddison folds her arms and then Nikki just pulls her up by the baby reins and drags her along as she can't be bothered playing that game with her.

"Nikki! What a nice surprise" Clarissa beams as she notices the two youngest Hodgsons with her. "If you're here for your husband... which I gather you are, he's out at a crime scene with one of the DCI's" She adds as she watches Nikki let go of Maddison's reins and ditches the one-year-old on the floor in the middle of the room.

"Yes, I'm looking for him. We've planned to go out for lunch with the girls" Nikki smiles happily as she glances over at Maddison who is lay face down on the floor still.
"Oh that's lovely," Clarissa smiles.

"Room of one more?" a voice speaks and Nikki looks up to see Harry stood in the doorway of Thomas's office, Nikki just chuckles and rolls her eyes at her colleague. "Ahh, my favourite Hodgson, poor mite, has your mother been neglecting you again, middle child aways forgotten about" Harry smirks as he walks over to Maddison and looks down at her.

Maddison rolls onto her back with a grin on her face before she notices Harry stood over her and then her face drops. "Mama..." Maddison speaks her bottom lip trembling and her eyes filling with tears. "Mama!" Maddison says as she bursts into tears.

Nikki gets up from the chair with Freya still in her arms and walks over to Maddison, "Can you hold her" Nikki asks Harry and he smiles with a nod.
"Don't forget me, I would like Freya cuddles" Clarissa smiles.

Harry smiles and walks over to his desk with Freya and sits down with her, Nikki stands over Maddison and looks at her. "Hey sweetie, Mummy's here whatever is the matter" Nikki smiles as Maddison stops crying and looks up at her Mother whimpering.

Maddison holds her hands out to Nikki, she then crouches down to pick Maddison up but at the same time finds herself letting out a burp followed by some vomit rising into her mouth. "What was that Nikki" Harry smirks as he watches Nikki collect the one-year-old from the floor.

Nikki carries Maddison over to her desk and sits down with Maddison on her lap, "Just reflux, ever since having Freya I've had it bad. I think it's worse because Jack and I were drinking last night too."
"Ahh, drinking on a weekday that's a slippery slope Nikki" another voice responds as Thomas joins them from his office.

Soon the conversation flows while Nikki waits for Jack to return, Clarissa is now holding Freya while Maddison has built up the confidence and realizes she knows everyone in the room and is walking around with Freya's comforter in her hands.
After a while, Maddison is still walking around the offices babbling away to herself, she yawns and inhales sharply but unknown to the adults in the room Maddison has a pen lid in her mouth and has just inhaled it.

Maddison looks around in shock all the adults unaware of what is happening, suddenly she attempts to cry but no sound comes out. Thomas looks down at the youngster noticing how quiet she has gone and how she has stopped dead before realizing she is struggling to breathe.

He grabs her by the top so her legs are dangling, "Careful Thomas..." Nikki speaks noticing how rough he was picking her up. She then watches as Thomas practically tips her upside down and then strikes her back with his hand between her shoulder blades.
This instantly sparks with Harry that she is choking. Thomas continues to strike her back as Nikki slowly stands up in shock, Thomas then tips Maddison up the right way and checks her mouth before smacking her back hard again, this time the bed lid flies up into her mouth and Harry carefully takes it out of her mouth before Maddison gasps for air sharply and the bursts into tears.

Nikki walks over to Thomas as Maddison cries in his arms, she turns to look at her mother and holds her arms out to her, Nikki takes her off Thomas, "Thank you, thank you so much" Nikki beams as she cuddles the one-year-old close. Maddison continues to cry loudly and then suddenly through the shock and confusion Maddison is sick down Nikki's back.
"Here Nikki let us help you clean up, Harry grab a bin just incase Maddison is sick again" Thomas speaks as he carefully takes the toddler from Nikki and Harry and Thomas begin to help Nikki clean up while Clarissa holds Freya.