Emotional

Nikki is still sat on the floor with the now crying baby settling on her chest now that Josephine as passes Nikki a warm towel to dry up the newborn, Jack presses a couple of kisses on Nikki's shoulder from the position he is in as he admires their newborn daughter. "Ten fingers and toes?" Jack smiles as he admires his daughter in his wife's arms. Nikki nods and tries to blink away the tears that have formed in her eyes.

Ten minutes later Josephine has helped Nikki clean herself up and places the after birth in a bag for the midwife to check over who is finally on her way round after managing to get through to the maternity wing at the hospital. Nikki is now sat on the sofa with her legs up nursing the newborn who is now clean and dressed. Jack walks through from the kitchen with a cup of tea for Nikki and places it down on the coffee table, he then walks over to Nikki and looks down at the newborn in her arms, he runs his hand gently over the baby's head and smiles, "She's gorgeous, so proud of you Nikki" Jack smiles as he presses a Nikki on Nikki's forehead.

Josephine walks back into the lounge after placing the cleaning stuff away, she stands and looks at Jack and Nikki as Jack is now sat on the edge of the sofa stroking Nikki's knee as he watches their newborn daughter, "She's a wee fighter, wee thing though, ain't she?" Josephine smiles happily at the couple.

"All of our girls were wee dots when they were born, wouldn't have it any other way" Jack smiles as his eyes still transfixed on his daughter. His eyes soon look up to meet Nikki's, she seems teary-eyed again, "I'm so proud of you" Jack mumbles as he tucks a strand of hair behind her ear.

Nikki smiles at him and bites her lip, "Sorry, I don't know what has come over me" She smiles wiping her tears away with her free hand.
Jack squeezes her knee and smiles, "Can I hold her?" Jack smiles and Nikki nods, she carefully passes the new-born over to Jack. This is the first time he has held their newborn, he feels a surge of happiness take over his body, although he couldn't pinpoint the exact feeling as he holds her, he had felt this exact same feeling when holding Poppy and Maddison for the first time. "Hey, you" He smiles as he cradles her in his arms and gently rocks her. A tear rolls freely down his cheek as he looks down at her.

Nikki notices the tear and smiles, "Jack are you crying?" She smirks.
"No, it's just... hayfever" He mumbles trying not to give away that he is in fact cry.
Nikki smirks knowing full well he doesn't suffer from hayfever mid-November, "Come off it Jack, I don't care if you're crying."

He just smiles and continues to admire his daughter, "She's just so beautiful, although she was meant to be a boy..." Jack smiles as he plants a kiss on his daughter's forehead.
"Well, you will have to learn to live with three very beautiful girls in your life" Nikki responds.
"Four beautiful girls you mean" He speaks and kisses Nikki passionately again as she is now sat up properly beside him.

Nikki blushes slightly remembering her Mother-in-law is still watching them still from the armchair. She looks over at Josephine who is smiling at them still, "Are you okay Josephine?" Nikki smiles.
"Yes, I never thought I would deliver my own grandchild, never mind have any grandchildren."

Jack chuckles as he looks at his Mum, "Thank you Ma.... I really mean it; we owe you..." He smiles.
"Jack, son you owe me nothing," Josephine smiles happily.
"We do, things could have turned nasty if you weren't there" Jack responds. 

Josephine smiles with a nod and then gets up, "Right well, I should be on my way. The midwife should be here soon," Josephine smiles before standing up and gathering her things. She soon says her goodbyes and heads out of the house leaving Jack and Nikki on the sofa with the newborn.