Five Years

A few weeks later it's now Poppy's fifth Birthday. Jack and Nikki are lay cuddled up in bed still both half asleep enjoying the peace and quiet while it lasts. "How long will this last?" Nikki mumbles as she kisses Jack's bare shoulder.
"Ten minutes... I reckon" Jack mumbles as he rolls onto his side and rests his hand on her hip.
"Bet you a fiver it won't last more than five minutes" Nikki smiles as she looks at him. Jack wraps his arm tighter around Nikki's waist and kisses her.

"You have no faith in the sleeping pills I gave them last night" Jack chuckles.
"Maddie had me up last night, the quicker we get home the quicker we can put that stare gate on the door to her room to stop her leaving the room at night" Nikki responds as she strokes Jack's shoulder.

Jack feels Nikki entwin her legs with him and sighs as she moves her hand to his chest as Jack alters the duvet, before moving his hand back to her hip, "I can't believe Poppy is five today, where have the years gone" Nikki mumbles as she edges close to Jack.

"I know, where did the wee dot go, she's got the attitude of a teenager already" Jack chuckles as he slips his hand up the back of her pyjama top and gently strokes her back.
"Mmm, she's still your 'wee dot'" Nikki mocks attempting his Irish accent, Jack rolls her eyes and pokes her side, "...hey! she is the smallest in her class.." Nikki smirks as she moves forwards and kisses him.

Jack chuckles and kisses Nikki again, Nikki closes her eyes contently and Jack copies her actions for a few more moments of peace. Poppy sneaks into the bedroom with Maddison holding her hand, as it's a low bed Maddison is able to climb up onto the bed unlike the bed Jack and Nikki have at home as they are still living with Jack's Mum.

Poppy then climbs up onto the bed after helping Maddison, she then dives between them, "Urgh..." Nikki moans as Poppy almost
"Careful" Nikki groans as Poppy clumsily tries to get sat upright.
"Careful of Mummy, Pops" Jack speaks as he watches her hands and elbows get close to Nikki's stomach, "Anyway what are you wee rascals doing out of bed?" Jack questions.

"It's my Birthday Daddy!" Poppy grins.
"Pop Pop Birthday!" Maddison copies with a grin which is a carbon copy of Poppy's.

Jack turns to look at Nikki as he manages to sit up and sit Maddison on his lap, "Are you sure? you had one of those last week?" Jack smirks watching his daughter's face drop.
"But I get one every year Daddy" She replies back with a giggle as Nikki moves Poppy off her legs so she can get Freya from her cot.

"I don't think you do... are you sure about that one Pops?" Jack chuckles winding up Poppy.
"Mummy tell him!" Poppy whines as she flops back onto the bed and looks at her mother who is standing over her with Freya resting against her hip.

Nikki chuckles and shakes her head before sitting down on the bed, "Aww that's a shame that it's not your birthday until next year... Daddy and I brought you presents" Nikki smirks as she plays along with Jack.

"Mummy!" Poppy whines as she lies there looking at her parents dramatically.

Nikki chuckles and gives in before getting up leaving Freya beside Jack, she walks over to the wardrobe and opens it before getting a few presents out and carrying them over to the bed. Maddison squeals and claps her hands and tries to lunge at the presents but Jack holds her back. Nikki sits down beside Poppy and kisses her head, "Happy Birthday baby girl" Nikki smiles as she allows Poppy to open her presents.

After opening all her presents Nikki attempts to clear up the wrapping paper off the bed but is struggling as Maddison is holding onto pieces while sat with a cardboard box on her head. "...She's not normal" Jack chuckles as he grabs his phone from behind him and takes a photo of Maddison sat in a pile of wrapping paper and the box on her head.

Jack glances up at Nikki and she smiles at Maddison and chuckles herself, "Well she gets that from you..." She smirks as she manages to get all the wrapping paper and put it in the bin bag.
"Says you..." Jack smirks as he climbs out of bed and takes Freya with him. "Well... I shall take my other strange child and get her ready for the day" Jack smirks.

"She's not strange, She's just deaf" Nikki smirks as she helps Poppy off the bed and then collects Maddison from the bed.

Nikki and Jack get the girls ready for their day out for Poppy's Birthday, which they have planned well as Nikki doesn't want Jack's Mum interfering with their day.