I Pick Now!

Half an hour later Nikki has now sat up on the sofa with Milly the cat for company, Jack has sent Poppy and Maddison out into the garden. Jack has been watching the girls from the kitchen window for a while now but is he hears Nikki calling out to him so he turns and walks towards the lounge. "What's wrong?" Jack asks as he walks into the lounge to see Nikki sat up with the bucket in her lap, it's clear to him that she has been heaving again.

"I Feel Like I'm going to be sick, there is a twinge in my back, and pressure" She mumbles as Jack comes and sits beside her, Jack rests his hand on her back and gently rubs it, suddenly Nikki flies forward and is sick into the bucket on her lap.

Jack gently moves the hair out of her face and holds it back with one hand as his other gently rubs her back. She looks up from the bowl and takes a breath, "Jack..." She breathes.
"It's okay, Nik, get it up, it's okay" He speaks as he gently rubs her back.
"No, Jack... I think I've pee'd" She mumbles and Jack looks at her as he takes the bucket off her and places the bucket on the coffee table.

"Stand up, I'm sure you haven't" He speaks.
As Nikki stands up there is a gush of water from between her legs, she looks at Jack in shock and Jack looks at Nikki in shock. "Hospital?" He asks.
"Mmm, Yeah, let me just go to the toilet and get changed... you clean this up!" Nikki breathes as calmly.

"What no! You're not going to the toilet... you'll, you'll... end up having the baby in the toilet... see I told you we should have gone to the hospital earlier!" He panics.

Nikki rolls his eyes at him and huffs, "No, Jack this is my third baby, I think I know when I should be going to the hospital... and I pick now!" She hisses, suddenly another close contraction comes over her body and she grabs Jack's shoulders and screams into his chest.

A small voice comes from the door from the lounge to the hallway, Jack turns to look at the door to see Poppy stood there looking at her parents. "What is it, Poppy?" Jack questions.
"I need a drink..." She speaks quietly unsure of what is actually going on as she is witnessing Nikki practically screaming into Jack's chest.

"Okay, darling why don't you go outside, I shall make you a drink?" Jack asks as Nikki begins to loosen his shoulders.
"No, I want Mummy to make me a drink!" Poppy speaks up.
"Poppy, not now!" Nikki speaks as she begins to come round from a contraction.

Poppy looks between her parents with panic in her eyes, "Are you having a domestos?"
Jack chuckles at Poppy's misunderstanding of the word she has just used, He shakes his head and smiles at her and Poppy slowly backs away and heads outside to join Maddison again.

"Right, go get yourself cleaned up, I shall call my Mum" Jack smiles and Nikki nods before heading upstairs.

Jack grabs his phone and in a blind panic he calls Clarissa, "Jack?" She answers almost instantly.
"It's Nikki, her waters have broken..." He speaks.
"And what do you want me to do Jack? I'm at the Lyell... working?"
"Oh shit, sorry, I'm meant to be calling my Mum sorry, Bye!" Jack speaks as he quickly ends the call and then rings his Mum to come and see to the girls so he can take Nikki to the hospital. Once he comes off the call to his Mum he hears a clatter come from upstairs, he then heads upstairs to investigate the noise, as he comes to the top of the stairs he sees Nikki in the bathroom kneeling against the side of the bath. "Jesus Christ woman, what are you playing at?" He speaks rushing to her side.

"My shampoo bottle fell into the bath and split" She explains as Jack helps her to her feet, instantly she is taken from her legs by a strong contraction ripping through her body.
Jack places his arm around her small body and helps her to the stairs, "We need to get you downstairs," He speaks.
"NO!" She snaps.
"Nikki do you want to have the baby in the bath?" Jack questions and Nikki shakes her head, "thought not!" He speaks as he begins to help her down the stairs.

"Jack!" Nikki cries out as she stops halfway on the stairs, her entire body weight being pushed onto Jack as she steps down a few more steps.
"You've got this Nikki, come on just a few more steps" Jack smiles encouragingly.

Nikki smiles slightly before stepping down holding onto Jack, it's not long before he sits her down in the lounge and gets everything ready for the hospital. Josephine has also arrived since then and is getting Maddison into her pushchair.

Josephine tells Poppy to stay with Maddison as she walks into the lounge to see Nikki holding her bump and moaning to herself, she walks over to her and places her hand on her shoulder gently before crouching down in front of her, "Nicola, love? are you okay?" She asks, her Irish accent soothing her slightly.

Nikki shakes her head instantly, "No, I think it's coming, there is so much pressure" She mumbles.
Jack walks back into the lounge with the car-keys and looks at his Mum, "What's going on?" He questions.
"Nikki, will it be okay if I check you over before you go to the hospital?" She asks curiously and Nikki nods as she lets out a cry and throws her head back in pain.

Josephine quickly goes and washes her hands before coming back in and helping Nikki lower her leggings and knickers before checking her over which causes a lot of discomfort for Nikki, "Jack? Son..." Josephine calls out as Jack is stood in the hallway keeping Maddison and Poppy occupied.

He pops his head around the door and looks at her, "Call ya Da get him to come and get the girls... then call the midwife unit at the hospital..." She speaks trying not to cause panic.
"Why?" He asks as he gets his phone out.
"I don't think this baby is going to wait for the journey to the hospital... there seems to be a little bit of meconium too" She explains in a calm tone for the sake of Jack and Nikki.

"What! No, that can be dangerous!" Nikki panics as she bolts upright and closes her legs at the same time.
"Calm down Nikki, it'll be fine!" Josephine smiles as she looks up at Jack who is on the phone to his Dad.

A few minutes later Jack comes off the phone from his Dad who luckily is around two minutes away and will collect the girls and take them to the park and for something to eat. Within Five minutes Conor collects the girls and takes them out of the way, although it's Conor and he had to grumble at his son for such sudden plan changes.