Ch. 79 Lost and Found

Start from the beginning

"Oh, that's rich. You really think I'd be your pet after all those shitty nights with the two of you?" I asked.

"What?" They spat in unison.

"You guys are cute if you think your all that scary. Now, why don't we play a game?" I asked.

"What kind of... game?" The second male asked.

"One where I give you three seconds to run and then hunt you down and give you a slow and painful death," I said, smiling sadistically.

"You're insane," The first one said.

"Everyone from Hel is a tad insane. I'm just the worst of them all," I said, quickly beheading them and sending them back to Hel.

"Kid-" Ares started.

"Close, Gate of the Ram," I growled, forcibly sending Ares back to Hel.

"You want to talk?" Kakashi asked.

"Not here," I whispered, folding up my scythe.

"They hurt you, didn't they?" Rhysand asked.

"A few one night stands here and there but nothing anyone else hasn't thought of already," I replied. I felt a pair of muscled arms wrap around me.

"I'm gonna have to break number six, Rin," Kakashi whispered in my ear.

"I know what you're going to say and please don't. I've heard those two words so many times they lost their meaning," I whispered.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there to help," Kakashi whispered, hugging me tighter.

"Stay together, you two," Leo said before he went back to the Night Court.

"He's good for you, kid," Gemini said, going back to their clinic.

"Ya know, sometimes people are a real pain," I muttered. Kakashi chuckled softly and slowly released me.

"Some are," Kakashi agreed.

"You okay?" Kurenai asked.

"I've been better. There are things I wish I could just forget, ya know?" I asked.

"We all have things we want to forget but can't," Kakashi said.

"Sometimes, you have to face your past to look toward your future," I said softly.

"Time only exists in the here and now, kid," Tamlin said, messing up my hair.

"I know. The past doesn't exist and the future is just a concept," I said.

"Sadly, that is the truth," Rhysand said.

"Do you ever just get lost and have no idea where to go?" I asked.

"More times than I care to admit," Rhysand said.

"I wonder what would happen if things were different," I said softly.

"How so?" Rhysand asked.

"I don't think I would know so much darkness if things happened differently years ago. I know you can't change the past but that doesn't mean it won't hurt," I replied.

"True enough," Rhysand said.

"Fear has two meanings, little one," Tamlin said.

"Forget everything and run," Amren said.

"Or face everything and rise," Mor continued.

"The choice is yours," I finished.

"So you remember," Helion said.