Ch. 50 The Third Exam and a Request

Start from the beginning

"What do you mean, sensei?" Kakashi asked.

"You were put in a situation that could've escalated quickly and dealt with it. You two are one of about twenty teams to pass so far," Minato explained.

"Twenty already?" I asked.

"Yeah... I think I should've made this part of the exam harder on you but you won't like what I have for the Fourth Exam," Minato replied, a glint in his eyes I couldn't quite place.

"Oh good lord Kami," I muttered, my head in my hands. Kakashi started laughing and I slapped the back of his head.

"What was that for?" He asked, rubbing the back of his head. I gave him a look and he froze, glancing around. I signed to both Kakashi and Minato that there was someone was watching — someone we all knew but I couldn't place just who it was. I froze and slowly turned my head to look at a very, very angry Kushina. She had a picnic basket next to her which I assumed had some kind of food in it.

I slowly slid my right foot back a small bit in an attempt to be ready to run if need be. Minato, Kakashi, and Lord Third were doing the same but Kushina had her eyes locked on me. She ran up to me and tried to punch me over the top of the head but I caught her fist and used the momentum she had accumulated from running to flip her onto her back out of reflex.

"S-sorry, Kushina-san," I apologized, scared she would try and hit me again. She merely smiled and laughed. I deadpanned at her reaction.

"You've gotten a lot stronger, ya know," Kushina said. I sighed in relief. She wasn't mad.

"You think so?" I asked.

"You didn't forget that you put Minato in the hospital, did you?" Kushina asked.

"I put myself in the hospital as well, Lady Kushina," I replied.

"R-right," Kushina said, unimpressed. I could smell ramen and walked over to the basket Kushina had brought with her. The ramen was in the basket.

"Can I open it?" I asked.

"No," Kushina replied. I looked at her with puppy eyes.

"Please?" I asked. Kushina looked at me, unimpressed with my actions.

"No," Kushina repeated. I hung my head and got a depressed aura around me.

"You're such a child, Rin," Kakashi muttered.

"But it's food!" I yelled, anime tears streaming down my face.

"Grow up," Kakashi said, done with me. I sat down and turned away from him, pouting.

"Be nicer," I replied dejectedly. I heard Kakashi sigh and walk over. I felt him set something on my head. I reached up and pulled a bag off my head. It was the last of the meat buns Minato had brought. I set them on top of the picnic basket I was holding and put both on the ground next to me before grabbing a senbon needle out of my kunai holster.

I glanced around and heard the high pitched whistle before I saw the kunai. I deflected it with the senbon in my hand. There was a note attached to the end of the kunai. I walked over cautiously and picked up the kunai so I could read the note. I recognized Obito's writing. I read over the note a few times before growling. He was a damn idiot for thinking an organization of S-rank criminals would be able to function like a regular group of shinobi.

"What is it, Rin?" Minato asked.

"You remember when that... friend of mine came to the exams?" I asked.

"What of it?" Kakashi asked.

"He's starting an organization called the Akatsuki. Supposedly, he's only allowing in S-rank criminals and already has a few people from the Bingo Book in the damn thing," I said.

"How do you play into this?" Kushina asked.

"He wants me to join the organization," I replied.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone! I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Sooooo... the Akatsuki has started gathering members and Rin is one of the people they want recruited to the organization. If there are any questions, concerns, or inconsistencies about what is currently going on in the book or for anything past, please message me or comment here to let me know.

In other news, I can't believe this book has already made it to chapter 50! That's mind blowing to me so thank you guys for reading this book. It means a lot.

Anw... I hope you have a good day/night and I'll see you in the next chapter! Bye guys!