𝟐𝟖.

Luna Pov

.............................................................

I opened my eyes and closed them again, willing this all to be just one really, bad dream. I sighed and felt a tug on my waist.

I looked down to see that it was Kol's arm around my waist. His hold tightened before he pulled me closer. I didn't object.

He was warm and sobbing on my back. So hard that I could feel him shaking because of the force. He sounded so heartbroken. At first, I didn't know what to do except join him.

I cried until my eyes began to hurt.

For a while, it looked like this was going to be the new normal. As much as I hated to admit it.

I turned around when Kol's arm had begun to loosen. The first thing I did was wipe away his tears before wiping away my own.

"Hey, Kol, it's going to be okay. I know things don't seem like that right now, but they will be. I'm not really good at these things. I don't know what to do or say. I've never lost someone I cared about before. I don't know Kol. This is all new for me. But I promise you, that you are not going to be alone through this, not for a second. I am going to be here with you every day."

Kol whispered something incomprehensible. I suspect that it was thank you, but I didn't know for sure.

We stayed there for most of the morning, him with his head on my chest and me just holding him.

.............................................................

"Wait, what if we bring her back by using elemental or representational magic."

Ever since we got out of bed, he had been saying things like that. Thoughts and ideas on how to bring her back.

I listened and offered what I could, but it was hopeless.

No, now that I was thinking about it could actually work. Magic that used representation and the elements (air, fire, earth, and water) was powerful.

I looked at Kol and then nodded this could work. It wasn't so out of the park or off the wall.

"Kol, you are a genius," I gave Kol a quick hug and kiss on the cheek before leaving his room to go to my own.

.............................................................

I grabbed some clothes to put on. I wanted to wear something light and airy because I was going to be moving around a lot. The spells that I was going to attempt to do took energy, focus, and concentration. I didn't want to be worrying about anything else besides that. I remembered that Davina had given me an outfit to wear for a special occasion. It was a blue and purple floral print skirt and a white lace top. It showed a little of my stomach, but I shrugged and put it on. Honestly, I was wearing this for Davina more than for myself. I paired it with a simple pair of flats.