𝟖𝟖.

.............................................

Luna Pov

.............................................

Klaus and I walked in different directions, but I knew that in the evening we would be meeting together again.

Huh, I really liked the sound of that... Klaus and I.

True it's only been a couple of days since it's been official but everything just felt so right.

It was like being with him was heeding fate...or something like that...

The streets of New Orleans as always were crawling with people of all shapes and sizes, bright beaded necklaces dangled from poles, jazz flowed out of every orifice, and the aroma of food from the various shops all melded together creating something mouthwatering.

As usual, I got stared at... But rather than duck my head, I held it high.

During my time in a coma, I had a lot of conversations with my mother and a few of them were about my lack of confidence.

It was something that I was definitely going to work on. Starting today...

My phone vibrated again, it was my sister.

Hayley: Business aside...how was your night with Hope and Klaus?

Me: Fantastic!

Hayley: Aw, I'm glad to hear that

Me: Hayley can I ask you something?

Hayley: Of course

Me: How do you feel about Klaus and I being together?

Hayley: That's something we should talk about in person

Me: Ok...so after the meeting...

Hayley: We'll discuss it

I couldn't help but frown a bit...I wanted to know what she thought, I was a little worried though because she didn't seem as happy about it as everyone else was.

"Hey," a masculine voice uttered and I turned around.

"Do you have a boyfriend?"

Usually, when I was asked this question I lied, but now I didn't have to...before I could answer a voice said, "I'd step back if I were you."

Jake.

His eyes were glowing gold and dark spidery veins appeared beneath them.

The man stepped back, paling, saying that he would leave me alone.

"What was that about?" I asked Jake when his eyes reverted back to their normal shade of bluish-green.

He frowned, "I don't know, I just felt the strong urge to protect you from that guy."

It clicked then.