𝟐𝟏.

Jackson Pov

.............................................................

"Jake, can you please go get some more firewood? We will need a lot more if we are going to do this bonfire/cooking thing."

My little brother nodded, and I smiled. He was such a good kid when he wanted to be. Before he and Luna were friends, he would drink and start fights. I was happy to see that he had straightened himself up. It didn't bother me that it was all for her, just as long as he got better.

Luna, like her sister, was without question beautiful and not just on the outside. She had heart and spirit. More than what the pack had, that was for sure. If it came down to it, I would give Luna the pack.

Technically it was hers anyway.

The alpha, of all, wolves.

That's what the prophecy said.

Hayley and I's relationship remained complicated. All my life, I grew up hearing her name, told that she was going to be my wife. Maybe, that wasn't going to happen, but I still felt the need to be around her. I wasn't looking for friendship or love. I would be happy with civil companionship and silent acknowledgment.

"Hey, Jack, what are you thinking about?"

I turned to see a teenager with wild dark brown curly hair, skin like caramel, and green and gray eyes.

"Luna," I smiled, seeing her. she had ways been so inquisitive. Not rudely either, she would get so excited about the smallest things. Her presence was something I enjoyed.

 Everything she did was likable.

For someone who lived in a cemetery with the witches, she was more than pleasant to be around.

"Just thinking about tonight."

Luna nodded, her gaze focused on the body of water in front of us.

"Cool, I'm just going to go explore. Thank you for allowing us to come down with you."

I nodded, and Luna ran off somewhere. I sighed. It wasn't like we really had a choice due to the hybrid calling the shots.

He was close to Luna, maybe that would play a big role in the future of this pack.

I wasn't sure if this was a good or bad thing yet.