𝟓𝟎.

Luna Pov

.............................................................

I turned around and let the warm water hit my face. I was in the shower. It was around 3 in the morning, but I couldn't get any more sleep.

Horrid nightmares of the witches, of Agnes, and Sabine, torturing me plagued the little minutes and hours I had of sleep. They cut me, beat me bloody, burned me, chained me up, and poured wolfsbane on all my new open and almost healed wounds. I would wake up screaming. The pain didn't feel like it was a part of my imagination. The pain felt real. I would shake, from the sheer raw intensity of it. I had experienced it before. All of it. The cutting, the stabbing, the waterboarding, the dry-boarding, the burning, the branding, the whipping, the slapping, the choking, the bone-breaking, needles in my flesh under my nails, the painful spells, the starvation, the dehydration, among other things...

Cami, Rebekah, and Damon came running. They couldn't help me, no one could, except for him....

He would be able to.

But he wasn't here.

There was this brief recurring dream of a woman with wavy blonde hair and an accent. She looked and sounded familiar, I wondered if I knew her from somewhere, although it was not very likely it was still a possibility.

The water had started getting cold, I didn't move feeling like my feet were glued to the bottom of the shower. It reminded me of that one time I got hypothermia, because of the witches. I put my head against the wall and stood there. I wasn't able to feel it somehow, the cold water, I felt numb. Even though it's been nine months, it's felt like an eternity......An eternity of hell and nothing less. Yet I was surrounded by the people I love. Rebekah, my overprotective friend. Damon, I looked up to him, he was my father figure, or so he put it. Cami, the mother figure, dotes on me all the time like I imagine my mother would have had she been alive. And of course, how could I forget my beautiful niece? I love her, I really do. But sometimes I can't be around her because she reminds me of Hayley and him.

It's been so long since I've thought of his name. Even said it inside of my own head. I'm scared to.

I would just break down again.

It would be too painful anyway.

I would often wonder if he had forgotten me. I wondered if he even thought about me anymore as I thought of him. If he remembered the time we spent. If he reminisced over and over again about our conversations from the very first day, as I did.

I closed my eyes tightly, trying not to cry again. Why did he send me away? Why did he push me away? I thought we were close. He had said that I was the remedy to his anger, he had said, that I was the very meaning of irreplaceable, but then why was I here? Did I hurt him? Did I do something wrong? Was I too clingy? Did he finally figure out I wasn't worth it?

After all, I'm just a broken, forget that shattered, 18-year-old girl, with a list of emotional and mental health problems that wouldn't fit on a single sheet of paper. Maybe, I was too much of a heavy heart to carry.....Maybe, I wasn't good enough for him...

It happened then. It all came out, and I came crashing down to the shower floor.

Trembling and sobbing as those negative thoughts ran through my head. He saved me from the witches over a year ago, and now he was facing a crisis, and it hurt me, killed me because I couldn't help him. For all I knew, he didn't even remember me.....not even my name......