𝟖𝟔.

Klaus Pov

.............................................

Luna lay beside me on the white sand, unlike her I was awake. I smiled as the dawn's edifying light played with her luscious curls. From one angle, you could see that the color was obviously dark brown but from another, there was a lighter tint to it.

A fiery orange hue encompassed the steadily rising sun. Fluffy clouds moved across the ever-lightening sky as the sea's azure tide crashed against the shore.

It was a peaceful scene, I was blessed to be a part of it.

Luna had begun to dose off once the stars shone their light down on us. I saw no point in waking her up, despite wanting to lay my lips upon hers again.

Everything felt real.

But alas, every brush of our lips...every timid touch...every word said between us had been done in this dreamscape.

I was on a beach, in Luna's head.

Entering her mind had taken quite an effort...more so than I expected. I was shocked I managed to get here, I surmised that because she was in a coma her mind was weakened to a certain extent.

In the real world, I was holding her hand, sitting in a chair by her side. Hayley would come in every so often to check on us but neither said a word. I was glad they left us uninterrupted.

My mind drifted off as I brushed her swarthy ringlets out of her face.

What would our families and friends think of this new development between us?

Nervousness crept up then...

What did Luna think?

I narrowed my eyes, hearing two sets of footsteps beginning to make their way toward Luna and I's direction.

Once I stood, I could see two figures...a man and a woman. With a startling realization, I recognized the couple to be Luna's parents. The man shared Luna's unique green and gray eyes, and high cheekbones. While the woman shared Luna's curvy figure, curly hair, and upturned nose.

Luna slowly sat up, I offered my hand to her and she took it without hesitation.

I smiled, reddening as she softly pecked my lips.

"Just who might this be, Luna?" An authoritative male voice inquired.

"This is Klaus Mikaelson," Luna said as she straightened the collar of my henley, grinning, "my boyfriend."

.............................................

My heart jumped at the last bit she said.

Her Boyfriend.

That's who she addressed me as in front of the people who brought her into this world.

I had moved past the friend zone...Kol would be proud.

Smirking, I reached down to grab her hand. She briefly turned to face me, a dazzling smile plastered onto her face.

"Klaus, this is Jason, my father," she gestured to the man with her eyes. "And this is Madeline, my mother," her voice broke at the last word and she broke away from me to hug her parents.